WR Josh Imatorbhebhe intends to transfer

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Jan 28, 2019.

2. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Erik, this feels like when we were sanctioned and players were allowed to leave SC and were able to play right away. It was like free agency. You kept looking up and someone else was leaving. Unfortunately in this case, we have sanctioned ourselves with a failure to make an appropriate leadership decision.

RPBSC, KiwiSCfan, OC2SC and 1 other person like this.
  3. SC93er

SC93er Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    I'd like to put a positive spin on it (of all the positions we could afford to lose backups, it's at receiver, yada yada yada), but Jesus H, can we finally get some good news out of Heritage Hall?? Swann, you got anything...anything at all???

4. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Does the transfer # exceed players who left when ncaa open free agency due to sanctions?

5. gyaris

gyaris Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    A fish stinks from the head.

OC2SC and uscjrl98 like this.
  6. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Unbelievable to hear some posters spin this like it's a good thing...like we're just "making room for the real guys we want". He was one of the real guys we wanted, when he was recruited.

Of course not every recruit will pan out, but you hope that every single player will play a role 1 way or another. Whether that be pushing the starters, or providing quality backup reps when you're number is called. In Josh's case, we pretty much got nothing.

This is not a case of Jalen Greene/Caleb Wilson transferring to get more reps, this is a player with almost zer0 development, no improvement - he seemed better coming out of HS. It's looking more and more like SC's only "successful" players are players that are self-made and determined to be excellent (Juju/Adoree/Burnett). These players will themselves to excel, in spite of the offensive scheme and coaching. There's not much "development" going on that I can see.

This formula won't work. There aren't enough Juju's to keep the team afloat...and we just lost one 3 weeks on campus.

This is a shit-show, no other way of sugarcoating it.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    TaeRiddle, RPBSC, Ccoralles and 6 others like this.
  7. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    It's obvious he's pissed at Wanda Austin firing Dean Ellis

I hope he has his degree by end of Spring.

Trojan12 likes this.
  8. SonofGodzilla

SonofGodzilla Points Member

Jan 28, 2019
    1/2 of the " glass " brothers who could never stay healthy. Unfortunate, but no big loss.

9. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Seemed always hurt, too bad since so much potential out of HS

10. valleytrojan

valleytrojan Active Member

Jan 28, 2019
    He is a good kid. Sorry to see him go- injuries hurt his playing time, but he always showed true spirit and character.

11. uscmule

uscmule Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    CKK is rifling some feathers?

12. TrueTrojan

TrueTrojan Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    What we are seeing here is what the kids think of the future of our program and our coaching staff. They want out and are leaving daily. I can't blame them, they know this team has no chance of being relevant and is headed to another losing season. why risk getting hurt for that?

We heard stories of players yelling at coaches and discontent during the season. it's boiling over now. The funny thing is, CH was the guy the kids wanted to be coach. I remember when he was made the permanent HC every guy on the team jumped up and down---because they knew he was a player's coach. i.e. easy practices, lots of banquet table hamburgers, Helton constantly taking all the heat and throwing himself under the bus so they don't have to answer for any screw ups. Well now they have learned what that kind of coach does to a program. I have written many times we need a Saban type in here kicking asses and taking names and holding players accountable and restoring order. Hopefully the next coach will be like that if we have enough scholarship players still left to have a team for him.

RPBSC and OC2SC like this.
  13. BuTrojan

BuTrojan Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Maybe these guys couldn’t live up to the new expectations Colbert was setting in terms of work ethic?

14. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    I think this is what Cameron was saying after the season. Some guys just were not showing the commitment to be better.

Troy70 likes this.
  15. AlbertoC

AlbertoC Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    USC has their 3 starting wide receivers, Pittman, Vaughns, and ARSB, are back from 2018.

USC's speed receiver, Velus Jones, is coming back.

The #1 athlete in the country in the 2018 class, Devon Williams, is a backup and waiting his turn.

Pie Young is still around somewhere.

In this class, Kyle Ford has just confirmed he is solid at USC. Drake London has huge untapped potential (he's a high 4-star BB player). TOS is really high on him. Munir McClain is coming off an ACL injury (now healed) which kept him from being a 4-star receiver. He should be excellent. Lastly, Puka Nacua, a national HS offensive player of the year, is still a USC commit.

The point being made above is that if any position could weather transfers, it's wide receiver. Assuming Ford and Nacua become Trojans, they should be more than fine at wide receiver.

Troy70 and KiwiSCfan like this.
  16. VM805

VM805 Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    When did he confirm?

17. JC SOXX

JC SOXX Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Was he a preferred walk-on?

18. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Honest question: Who was the last WR that steadily developed in the program and got better with each season? Who was the last WR you noticed that improved his technique, strength and it was evident the coaches had a big hand in it?

Certainly not Juju, Adoree, Woods, Burnett, St. Brown. These guys were all studs their first seasons and stayed about the same. Perhaps Agholar improved. Darreus Rogers certainly matured and found his role.

Which were the WR's that seemed to regress, or go nowhere? There are so many. This includes TE's as well. I don't see much "development" and improving going on, not for a long while.

Troy70 and RPBSC like this.
  19. USC15

USC15 Points Member

Jan 29, 2019
    I am not doubting you I just have not seen any quote to support this. Where are you seeing/hearing this?