Willie Taggert gets yet again another coaching Jig? Kiffin trying to poach Alabama coaches.

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Cardinal&Gold, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Willie Taggert gets yet again another coaching Jig? Kiffin trying to poach Alabama coaches.
    Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Dec 12, 2019
    https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/report_willie_taggart_to_replace_lane_kiffin_at_florida_atlantic/s1_12680_30778994

Taggert gets fired twice and is now going for the trifecta.

and In other news:

Kiffin tries to poach Alabama's strength and conditioning coach ( Why you dirty Rat!!)

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/report_lane_kiffin_trying_to_hire_coaches_away_from_nick_saban_get_revenge/s1_127_30777425

Nick Saban fires a shot over the bow!! Poachers beware.

https://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/nick-saban-ex-coaches-crossed-the-line-poaching/527843

And that concludes today's broadcast. And now a word from our sponsor.

2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Dec 12, 2019
    I can't feel bad for Saban. The game is to win and you need a great coaching staff. He has built quite a tree, so that's what happens. Professional courtesy? Not in the SEC. Maybe they should come up with a non-compete just to please St Nick.

Kiffin isn't stupid. He should absolutely go after what he thinks will work for Ole Piss.

jjg4sc, DaFireMedic and Cardinal&Gold like this.
  3. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Dec 12, 2019
    And then, there's Pete Carroll's take on assistants leaving for job ops.....same as when he was at USC:

Pete Carroll Sees Having Assistants In Demand For Other Jobs As “A Very Positive Thing”

"Since Pete Carroll became Seattle’s head coach, he has seen two defensive coordinators, Gus Bradley, then Dan Quinn, move on to become head coaches with other teams. The Seahawks have also lost assistants to promotions on other teams, including linebackers coach Ken Norton Jr. who is now the defensive coordinator in Oakland.

And with the Seahawks again in the playoffs and six NFL teams looking for new head coaches, it’s entirely possible that one or more Seahawks assistants could again be candidates for those jobs, whether that be offensive line coach/assistant head coach Tom Cable, offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell or defensive coordinator Kris Richard.

But where some might see losing assistants as a negative, Carroll goes out of his way to help his coaches land those jobs if that is their goal. Of course it goes without saying that those assistant coaches’ first priority this time of year is preparing the Seahawks for this week’s game against the Detroit Lions, but if the opportunity arises and the timing works out, Carroll is all for promoting career advancement.

“Honestly to me, it’s a very positive thing,” Carroll said. “When guys come to this program and we first talk about coming, I’ll tell them I’ll do everything I can to help them get wherever they want to go and do whatever they want to do with their careers. I mean that. When the opportunity comes up and our guys are getting some looks and stuff, I’m the first one cheerleading for them and working with them, in every way that I can. Whether it’s getting ready for interviews, getting ready for staff stuff, whatever they want. I’m not trying to tell them what to do, I’m just there available to help them because I want them to do well.”

4. SC ForLife

SC ForLife Junior Member

Dec 12, 2019
    This is how he attracts the best and brightest up and coming coaches. Who wouldn't want to go to work for PC?

LDIABootney likes this.
  5. sc85sis

sc85sis Junior Member

Dec 12, 2019
    He will compete to keep them if they get another offer, but he will never stand in a guy’s way.

6. CoronaTrojanFan

CoronaTrojanFan Junior Member

Dec 13, 2019
    The door swings both ways with guys like Belichick and Saban - if you are one of their coaches and they think they could get another 3 points per game or another 3-and-out at a key point in a game from another OC or DC then they would replace you in a heartbeat. So the comments about not understanding why any of their former coaches might want to hire any of their friends who they have worked with while on New England or Bama staff doesn't make sense from a couple of guys who have probably done that same thing in their past.

I think what Belichick and Saban are really saying is that being a head coach means that not only must you recruit constantly for players (in college) or keep looking to upgrade your roster with your GM (pros) is that you must also be recruiting assistant coaches similarly. I think this one area where many of us on this chat group feel that HCCH is failing (although the hiring and success of OCGH gives us all some hope that HCCH might be changing his ways).

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  7. 023lenlen

023lenlen Senior Member

Dec 13, 2019
    Burns, ChadK, and Jinks are all good hires ... and moving Colbert to Receivers and taking on Hawkins also good moves. CCH doesn't have to look far for ST: DeForest makes sense to replace Baxter at his natural coaching slot.