"Where Glory Collides with ..."

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by BigGuard, Dec 27, 2019.

1. "Where Glory Collides with ..."
    BigGuard

BigGuard Junior Member

Dec 27, 2019
    This writer does as solid a job as any of explaining our current malaise. It's worth a read. I enjoyed how he ended the piece posing questions on why Helton would be retained.

"maybe, they know that he’s been around long enough to know about the skeletons in the organization’s closet, which means they can’t get rid of him without paying a huge price themselves." Helton likely knows as much about the inner workings of HH as anyone. Is it possible he has real dirt on Haden and company and would be willing to play that card if fired? Damn right it is.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robasghar/2019/12/26/usc-football-where-glory-collides-with-the-peter-principle/#57035d7821a2

Cardinal&Gold, Puluke and Esthersar like this.

2. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Dec 27, 2019
    what happens if the word on the dirt on Haden is known to the public and Helton has been retained for a couple of years. So now not only does USC's prestige takes another hit, USC football is stuck in mediocrity with Helton.

3. SeattleTrojan

SeattleTrojan Junior Member

Dec 27, 2019
    Very good article. I don’t see why having dirt on Haden would carry any weight...hopefully he’s been excommunicated from USC. Now, I could see him having dirt on Caruso.

I’m still sorely disappointed in our big money boosters not giving Helton the Mike Price treatment.