When is enough, enough? (from Bruce Bagni)

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Jan 4, 2021.

1. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Jan 10, 2021
    Dang, you got me ;)

2. TrojanMafia

TrojanMafia Points Member

Jan 10, 2021
    Everything about you screams beta male

3. TrojanMafia

Jan 10, 2021
    Fair enough. I just said I don’t think she’s that great looking. I’m sure she’s a sweet lady

sctrojan2006 likes this.
  4. BigRex

BigRex Points Member

Jan 10, 2021
    I would bet it; absolutely. Helton is trying to create something that cannot exist--a national championship caliber football team that doesn't have a running game. It just won't happen, for reasons a bunch of us have listed on here before. I would bet 100-1 that Helton will be fired before he gets USC to a college playoff game. He hasn't come close, and won't. There's a reason that there is so much hopelessness amongst the fans. We know what we're looking at.

Clay Helton reminds me of my brother's Chevy Vega from 45 years ago. It was the only car I've ever driven that, when you completed your trip and stepped out of the car, you had an urge to take a sledge hammer to it. It was just about impossible to change gears without a violent lurch. Every time you went around a corner or curve at more than 15 mph, you felt like you were going to tip over. Everything was bad with the car, by feel. USC fans have seen good football. They know what it looks like, and realize that every year USC football is straying farther from it.

5. Trojack

Trojack Junior Member

Jan 10, 2021
    You really know how to lay the hurt. I actually owned a Chevy Vega 45 years ago. The car was in the shop so many times they actually dropped in a new engine free of charge just to keep me from going to the papers. The only car that was worse (unfortunately I owned that one too) was a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Two engines and three transmissions later, it was still a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Just like Helton will always be Helton no matter how many coaches Bohn hires for him.

BigRex likes this.
  6. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Jan 10, 2021
    Not since Pete Carroll era...
    1. 5-0 start
    2. Conference title
    3. Rose Bowl victory
    4. End of season AP ranked #3
    anigif_sub-buzz-3509-1509250150-1.gif

7. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Pretty sure that betting that Helton will be fired from USC before he takes USC to the CFP is like betting the sun will rise in the East.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  8. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Nice looking family. I think he is probably a good dad. He is a nice guy. As a coach I am not sure if that will do. I remember John McKay was great with the press but very aloof on the playing field and around campus. Helton does not seem to have control of this team.

9. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Like most of your posts you makes no sense. Number 3 and 4 were ancient history. We have slid from there. We played an easy schedule. You act like we played top 5 teams. We did not play a top 25 team. I think Oregon may be the only team that cracked the top 25. They were a two loss team. If it were blown or blotched plays and athleticism by our WRs we would have not taken the South. Since 2016 our recruiting has continued to slide. We have only had 3 first rounders since 2016. Only one was a lineman. Most of the games we played this year were in doubt until the end of the 4th quarter. Darnold is the reason why we won the Rose Bowl. I guess you did not watch it. Since then Helton's offense has caused transfers of our QBs and injuries to two good QBs. When you have a one dimensional offense this what happens. Harrell's offense is a joke and he has shown no flexibility to change. Stepp was a great running back and had a lot of potential and Helton and Harrell did not know how use him or when. We were last in the Pac 12 in recruiting in 2020. 64th in the nation. Why is that? Helton has historically had problems with making adjustment in the second half. We saw this in several games and it became glaring in the OR game. OR got their asses kicked in their bowl. They are not a good team. Sorry, your fluffy excuse for logic does not seem to be able to comprehend this.

10. TrojanMafia

Jan 11, 2021
    He’s a moron. He needs to stay away from football and just stick with field hockey

11. LoyalTrojan

LoyalTrojan Junior Member

Jan 11, 2021
    More like tonsil hockey with the love of his life Helton....

12. conquest4ever81

Jan 11, 2021
    Do you notice how you contradict yourself? You complain about using ancient history which btw 2017 isn't, then refer to last years recruiting class which is not the most recent. The most recent recruiting class is actually very good. You use that tired refrain how Darnold won the Rose Bowl without any head coaching which is bullshit. You complain about games that were in doubt until late in the 4th quarter, then you bitch how Helton had problems making adjustments in the second half. Last time I checked the 4th quarter is in the second half.

13. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Contradict myself. What WTF? Can you read. Helton has been here 6 year. 2017 season was 4 seasons ago. He has done nothing since then. You are not rational. Did you watch the fucking Rose Bowl. We were losing. Darnold made an impossible throw into the end zone in between 3 guys. That had nothing to do with coaching. It was athleticism. If you are so dense that you can't see that it was our athletes that saved our asses I do not know what to tell you. He did not make adjustments. If we were far ahead the team caught up with us. We had close games because he did not counter and allowed second rate teams to stay in the game. He didn't do jack shit in the OR game. You must live in a parallel universe.

14. conquest4ever81

Jan 11, 2021
    The reason Darnold could make great plays is from what he learned during practices from coaching. Btw good defense and several other plays enabled the comeback against Penn State. You can't cherry pick a play and say Helton had nothing to do with that win. It's funny how you can give Darnold all the credit for the RB victory but against the Ducks Slovis throws for 3 terrible picks, then all of a sudden that's due to Clay's coaching. Helton haters are good for providing a few laughs.
    380dbceab60854a4c6f12e5012367f34.gif

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  15. CO4SC44

CO4SC44 Points Member

Jan 12, 2021
    No it is due to Claydo that we finished 21 in the final AP poll. That's shooting for the stars!!!!

16. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Jan 12, 2021
    I agree. It seems like Folt and the BoT are more concerned with his off field attributes, than his actual on field team performance. Perhaps, it is from the recent history of sanctions. Followed by the Lane Kiffen drama, and the Sarkisian alcohol issues. I believe Helton is a dead man walking/lame duck coach. Bohn has taken charge, and is doing his best to shuffle the deck until he can pull the trigger and remove Helton.In the mean time, the fans and alumni are stuck in purgatory waiting for the axe to fall.

TroyBill likes this.