WeAreSC Roundtable (10-10)

Discussion in 'Trojan Huddle' started by GarryP, Oct 10, 2018.

2. eliminator207

eliminator207 Junior Member

Oct 10, 2018
    The fans need to come out loud and keep it up even if we are down a score or two. I think the 12th man helped us against WSU even though the attendance was down. A loud coliseum on second and especially third down can disrupt their focus and communication.

earlandnic likes this.
  3. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Oct 10, 2018
    My wife and I will be there screaming for our team. I am concerned, after reading this forum for the past month that at the first sign of adversity the boo-birds might show up.

earlandnic likes this.
  4. Rugby140

Rugby140 Active Member

Oct 10, 2018
    Three to victory:

1. Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush!!!
    Where is it? It looks like since game 1 UNLV, where we had 5 sacks, we have tallied 3 more total. Without many more qb hurries. Not good enough. Isn't CP defense predicated on pressure and aggression. The secondary sometimes takes some heat, but they have kept three qb 's under 50% completion, and the two others pretty respectable %. This seems like a lot to ask of the backend. Don't give up the short pass, but also don't get beat deep, because you don't know how long the receivers are going to have to run around. Pressure is a man's worst enemy and a defense's best friend. I

2. Turnovers
    Let's get some! What is it, 2 FR and 1 INT?? In 5 games. A pass rush would help. See point one. Gotta do better.

3. Score more points than CU. No seriously. Play 4 quarters, please,
    The game is 60 minutes. Focus, concetrate, effort for all of them. Each one. I don't think that is too much to expect.

earlandnic likes this.
  5. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Perfect snaps! Perfect snaps! Perfect snaps! Gotta get the play off on the right foot - all the time. I just saw a report that Brett Neilon effortlessly gets the snap into Daniels' hands perfectly. Every damn time the ball is center mass and on the QB's hands. JT never has to take his eyes off the defense and can do what he does very well, scan the defense. Not to be mean but Toa's back spasms may be a blessing in disguise and USC can finally end this debate as to which guy needs to be at the center spot for the remaining games. USC cannot afford time lost because of bad snaps. The offense bogs down, JT can't set his feet, or he gets hurried and sacked, all of which is unacceptable.

Jay4usc, earlandnic and cheynaspop like this.
  6. Arhedge

Arhedge Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Honestly, guys, where do you even start? It's not a matter of one or two problems getting corrected, like say getting the offensive line to play better, though that would obviously help. This team has been awful in just about every category.

Take your pick: scoring offense (101st), scoring defense (67th), total offense (81st), total defense (68th), rushing offense (99th), rushing defense (71st), penalty yards per game (122nd). We've had games where the offense couldn't score; we've had games where the defense couldn't do anything right; we've had games where the special teams completely melted down.

In four games against teams from the major conferences, USC's defense has caused 3 turnovers and has 4 sacks.

USC really shouldn't lose to Colorado at home. But this USC team can and will do so unless it gets better all over the place. Maybe the bye week will help. Let's hope so.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  7. holt7153

holt7153 Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Watch Montez on the keeper. It seems like they do this in key situations and it always fools the defense.

qqqqqqqman likes this.
  8. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018

Absolutely....it's their go-to play.

Ok, now, if YOU and I see that.....and it happens Saturday on a 3rd/4th down in the red zone and Clancy has no clue.....will my wife have to call 9-1-1 to save me? THAT is my concern.

9. holt7153

holt7153 Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018
    All Clancy can do is tell the DE/OLB all week not to bite on the fake, but at that exact moment it's up to the players.

qqqqqqqman likes this.
  10. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018

Well, then it’s like a Code Red, in “A Few Good Men”.

When Jack Nicholson orders a Code Red, they do it.

Clancy needs to be Jack Nicholson.

11. holt7153

holt7153 Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018
    You
    upload_2018-10-11_19-41-7.jpeg

Gold Trojan likes this.
  12. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    You know your team has problems when fans are willing to absolve coaches of responsibility on player performance and say the best a coach can do is tell the players what to do - if it doesn't happen, it's on the players.

For some reason, I don't think Saban or Meyer have this problem of not being listened to...

Can I tell my CEO that the employees I manage aren't listening to me and executing to plan? I told them what to do...what more can I do?

13. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Oct 12, 2018
    “They can’t handle the truth”!

14. gubo&palanka

gubo&palanka Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Oct 13, 2018
    I can't wait for another wacky episode of the WKU - Keystone Cops tonight on Fox.

That Helton guy cracks me up. Tee is a barrel of laughs. And poor JT can't get any help at all! LOL

Tonight's episode should be a good one: the boys don't know what to do with a buffalo called Ralphie! <cue laugh track>

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018