WeAreSC Mailbag

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Aug 6, 2020.

2. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Aug 8, 2020
    It's not even up for discussion. I absolutely think student-athletes should be able to make money during their college career's, but it really felt like these players got some terrible advice to put that ask in these demands. That amount--while simultaneously saying schools need to keep every sport--is such an unreal goal that I feel like it delegitimized the entire statement and likely the entire cause for many people. It's unfortunate because I think there are important things in there and student-athletes, just like all groups, should be able to voice their collective concerns. Hopefully they can get past that and discuss real issues, but it's slightly understandable for Larry Scott to take that tone of, "come back when you're actually ready to discuss things." Of course, then you realize it's Larry Scott and he's done the things he's done and he probably doesn't have room to be dismissive of anybody.

3. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Aug 8, 2020
    Thank you Erik for your take. Larry's people skills seem to be on a par with his business savvy. Do you think the ill advice came from Huna?

gubo&palanka likes this.
  4. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Neither can I. Nor players who just love the game. The whole thing is ridiculous and would have never happened without the unfortunate surrounding circumstances.

gubo&palanka likes this.