USC vs Oregon game thread

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Nov 2, 2019.

1. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    The problem is Clay didn't have them ready, that's the problem. A great USC team should do better than that and on the home field. But him knowing what sound football even is, is slim to none. All he does is field inconsistent or mediocre teams, especially on the road.

He's had his chances, no more.

So yeah, next year will indeed be different because he won't be here to conduct more soft practices, tell more bs platitudes, run a weak program, and not preparing his team for real games, with live tackling.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  2. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Because Utah beat Oregon last year at Oregon with their back up QB and RB. Also, Oregon is without the elite WRs they had last year.

3. SCBirnkrant81

SCBirnkrant81 Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    This might sound harsh...I do wish him the best, but 'a man of integrity' should do the right thing and admit he's over his head, then resign -- with integrity.

4. Ztrogan

Ztrogan Points Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Hopefully they were all packing up their stuff!!

ConquerorSC likes this.
  5. Ztrogan

Ztrogan Points Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Typical Clay and the clowns football...Lack of 2nd half adjustments

6. Lyn the Duck

Lyn the Duck Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    Oh, I come here because you guys are a lot of fun to talk to. A lot of fun. Everything is Helton's fault. What isn't his fault, is the ref's fault. The dirtiest play on field was the hit on Herbert that could have blown out both of his knees, and some idiots on this forum complained that it shouldn't have even been called. You'll always have an excuse. You're just as soft as your overrated, 4 and 5 star dominated football team.

Oregon will not have Herbert next year, but his replacement is probably going to be pretty good. In contrast, your team recruits a top ten QB every year and then you savage them when they make mistakes.

It sure is curious that so many good coaches fail when they get to USC. Tollner, Smith, Hackett--they were all good coaches elsewhere and then got to USC and were somehow terrible. How does that happen? It seems that an average coach with great recruiting classes would still be outstanding on the field. Why don't they when it comes to USC?

CFB Fan likes this.
  7. STRECKERmemo

STRECKERmemo Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    I completely agree. I think he should resign. However, something about pride gets in the way of the best. Unwarranted pride clouds the vision.

8. Ventura Trojan

Ventura Trojan Junior Member

Nov 3, 2019
    No one is going to resign with that money on the table. He will need to be fired

9. vikings4123

vikings4123 Points Member

Nov 3, 2019
    When they failed to get a TD in the 1st quarter from the 8 yard line after the interception I knew that was it. TV was off before halftime. Reality is reality. We are in dead wood season. Change needs to come now, and if not now, 5 mins after the UCLA game ends.

CFB Fan and TrojanFireHorse12 like this.
  10. KeepCalm&FightOn

KeepCalm&FightOn Junior Member

Nov 4, 2019
    You turd. How many coaching opportunities did Tollner, Smith and Hacket have after they left SC? Did they have great success elsewhere?

SC wasn’t the reason they failed. You must be the miserable SOB at the party that just loves to hear himself talk. Just throwing shit around hoping it sticks.

I usually like other fans perspectives on here. Got a Ute and a Buckeye and they are fine. You, like your school, are just big talk and nothing to back it up. Zeros in symbol and NCs both.

11. SC87

SC87 Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    The commentator on the game who kept suggesting that Herbert might be the first pick in the NFL draft must be delusional. Herbert has some good numbers but he will be lucky to be a first round pick much less the first pick. He certainly will not be the first QB picked. He will be lucky to be in the top three with Tua and Hurts coming out among others.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  12. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    So yeah, next year will indeed be different because he won't be here to conduct more soft practices, tell more bs platitudes, run a weak program, and not preparing his team for real games, with live tackling.[/QUOTE]
    Don't count on Helton not being on the sidelines next year - if all the rumors about Bohn backing out are true

13. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    They had to get a TD there.... I felt the same

14. Lyn the Duck

Nov 5, 2019
    They didn't fail until they came to USC. The mystery deepens. You're just like your team. Entitled, soft, and living in the delusion that you're a great program because of things that happened 15 years ago.

15. Lyn the Duck

Nov 5, 2019
    I doubt that we are a playoff team either. But, we aren't loaded with 4 and 5 star recruits and have a record of 10-11 over the last 22 games either, with those 4 and 5 star recruits.

Oregon probably has as many 3 stars starting as they do four stars, and at one point they were ahead of your 4 and 5 stars, on your field, by 39 points in the fourth quarter. I don't think you were behind by 39 because of your injuries.

16. Lyn the Duck

Nov 5, 2019
    it was at Utah.

17. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Take away your starting QB, first and second string running backs, and all of your secondary against a moderately healthy USC and tell me that game is even close. No Herbert, no Lenoir, no Graham, no verdell, that game wouldn't be close if we had the normal amount of injuries, how would you cover our receivers??? Ill see you at Autzen next year for the redemption.