USC cruises past Harvard for third place; WWLATT (from Rich Ruben)

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by ErikMcKinney, Dec 2, 2019.

2. usc88

usc88 Junior Member

Dec 2, 2019
    The team is pretty much meeting expectations
    A third or fourth place finish
    The good part is the undeveloped talent of the team
    If the guards can learn to shoot and run the team better the upside is there

J4SC75 likes this.
  3. Alta Loma Trojan

Alta Loma Trojan Junior Member

Dec 2, 2019
    I agree that we were overrated on this board after the Villanova win. We are depending upon true Freshmen and a team that hasn't played together until this year. We should improve as players understand their roles and get more experience playing together.
    The defense on 3's must improve. We must make that a priority like the Harvard 2nd half.
    Our 3 senior guards are nearly 40% career on 3-pointers so I think that will improve.

4. FightOn4Eva

FightOn4Eva Points Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Love the team but it seems that we have a harder time when we play teams that are very good from outside. Season is still young and I think we will get much better.

5. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

Dec 3, 2019
    Yes, I think it's too soon to know how good they are going to be. We should know more over the next few weeks with games against TCU and LSU. Kentucky lost to Evansville who then lost to East Carolina - can't tell how folks will be playing later this year.

Seth Greenberg was talking about SC and said they can play with anyone - if they focus on the defensive side of the game. Hopefully the second half of Harvard becomes more the norm, they have the talent to do it.

6. dp4life

dp4life Points Member

Dec 3, 2019
    Consistent defensive intensity has been missing for years. Maybe we will finally see a new commitment.