USC’s efforts

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Scott Rodriguez, Jul 25, 2020.

1. USC’s efforts
    Scott Rodriguez

Scott Rodriguez Points Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Just wanted to say that USC is doing EVERYTHING possible for the players when it comes to safety and health. All the protections are in place and they are constantly testing. I’m hopeful for football this year

AZUSCfan, KiwiSCfan, AtownSC and 18 others like this.

2. gubo&palanka

gubo&palanka Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jul 25, 2020
    We miss Alabama and nd. It's all gravy. Clay HAS to win the South and maybe the Conference in order to keep his job. Couldn't be clearer. Even Dolt -- er, Folt -- will see that.

AZUSCfan likes this.
  3. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jul 25, 2020
    Positive (good) numbers coming in from all over the conference. It’s been a good sign so far. It’ll be very interesting to see what happens when/if other students return to campus. It seems as if there are going to be different approaches by different Pac-12 schools in terms of the number of students on campus this fall, which is interesting when you look at the Pac-12 going to conference-only scheduling to have more uniform procedures for every program.

But it’s definitely clear at this point that USC had a good plan and has a good handle on student-athletes returning to campus.

4. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Thanks for sharing. Now , give Jason a lot of reps. Fight On

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  5. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Thanks a lot for your post Scott. I (we) really appreciate your updates on Jason and the team. Fight On!!

KiwiSCfan and in2nation like this.
  6. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Thanks Scott, it's good to get a parent's perspective on things like this.
    I hope Jason can win a starting spot this year, I know he's put in the work to have the opportunity.
    Fight On!

7. 3rd Slide

3rd Slide Junior Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Great. Now we just need some Jason at the family BBQ photos. Otherwise we'll think you've been slacking off this summer!

8. 83Gunn

83Gunn Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jul 26, 2020
    You don’t know what you’re yapping about. Nobody’s losing their job this year. There may not even be a season . Relax, take a Xanax, smell the roses, go play in the freeway. Helton got a reprieve of at least one year. Deal with it.

9. gubo&palanka

gubo&palanka Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jul 27, 2020
    OK, Carol. Or is it Karen?

10. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Jul 27, 2020
    You know she doesn't give a shit. He doesn't have to win anything for her to want to keep him, and I don't buy the tribal knowledge that it isn't her decision to make either. The woman has no sense of shame and the BoT will give her wide latitude and defend the first permanent female president - the likes of Jane Harmon may attend a few games, but she doesn't give half a shit whether we win or lose any given game. She would probably laugh at all of us posting on here who care about the program.

Cyrus likes this.
  11. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020
    You may be right, but then why did she let Bohn hire a new coaching staff and expand the recruiting staff to the extent it has happened? I will tell you that they dropped a lot of change and the people hired are very high quality. I think it may be too early to know what Folt will do, God knows she has her hands full with the crap from the previous President and dealing with coronavirus-related issues as well.

12. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020
    While I can no longer say I am on the fence about her general direction for the school itself, I disagree with the idea that she does not understand the value of a winning football program. She has however also made it clear that it will not be a "win at any costs" approach. That part I actually agree with her on.

13. Trojack

Trojack Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Because it was STILL cheaper than a buyout (now that we know how much Gomer was on the books for). This wasn't an emotional decision. This was a business decision.

Troy70 likes this.