Trojans in the top 6 for elite wide receiver

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by ErikMcKinney, May 23, 2020.

2. LDIABootney

LDIABootney Junior Member

May 23, 2020
    He appears to be elite enough that he won't drop off from being a four star if he commits.

Jose likes this.
  3. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

May 24, 2020
    That is going to be pretty difficult if he is actually ranked #37 in the nation.
    He is much closer from being a 5* than he is from being demoted to a 3*.

Anyway, there was a mention for a bigger WR in this class, but don't we already have two WRs that are 6'4 on the roster?
    Drake London is going to be a true sophomore who was 6'4, and we just signed Kyle Ford who is going to be a true freshman and is also 6'4.
    I guess the notion is going to be we always try to find a bigger WR in each class going forward?

Either way, this kid looks good, and I am glad that we are trying to turn up the heat on some more offensive recruits.
    Outside of OL, we don't have much coming in next season outside of Garcia/Campbell and Davis.
    It is only May and we have a LONG way to go until we reach the finish line.
    I just hope we don't have another repeat of our 2013 recruiting class this time...

4. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    May 24, 2020
    I think based on what London did last year, the USC offensive scheme and the talent level with both guys you mentioned, I think you have to recruit with the assumption that you are only going to have some of these receivers for three years. If that’s the case, London and Ford could be in their final seasons when the receivers in this 2021 class are true freshmen.

I’m not saying they will definitely leave then, but it makes sense to bring in a bigger receiver in this class following a year where USC didn’t sign one. But I also don’t think the coaches will drop way down their list just to bring a kid who is 6-4.

LDIABootney and mvpreed2 like this.
  5. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

May 24, 2020
    Yes, this does put things into a better perspective for me.
    I also did forget that Ford was a part of the 2019 class.
    With that being said, yes it would benefit us to try and bring in a tall elite WR in this 2021 class.

Thank you and let me say that I appreciate all of the hard work you have done here since....I don't want to type those words.
    Fight On Eric!!