TOS Darnay Holmes Backstory

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by Bestgalaxyfan, Jan 8, 2017.

1. TOS Darnay Holmes Backstory
    Bestgalaxyfan

Bestgalaxyfan Junior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Not sure how factual it is but here is the "story" leading up to his decision.

He didn't troll USC. He wanted to go to USC, dad wanted UCLA (a lot more to do with proway funding and $$$ than his relationship w DB coach D Martin) and absolutely no USC under any circumstance. Darnay thought OSU was a good compromise, but than momma/gf wanted him close to home so he became a silent to SC. Mom and sister really wanted USC as well. Than morning of game dad became a little bitch out of desperation realizing he couldn't deliver to UCLA and through the worlds biggest temper tantrum, making threats, promises, etc. Mom still wanted SC, Darnay didn't know what to do and gave in. In no way did Darnay himself want to go to UCLA. He has zero friends there, doesn't care for the staff at all besides D Martin who he realizes won't be there when he finishes his college career, but didn't know what to do and got pressured by his absolutely ridiculous dads tantrum. Darnay is a good kid, hard worker and very humble. His heart has been with USC since the current staff gained stability and showed they weren't going to be let go. Hence why the video was leaked was him committing to USC. And no, here weren't other editions of the video for his other finalists. It was just edited for UCLA, which is why he doesn't put a bruin hat on at the end. Darnay himself hasn't even considered UCLA for months. It's as easy as dad trying to get a head and gain some $$$ and promote his shitty business which RBells organization pisses on at he expense of his son. That's something that pos is going to have to live with for the rest of his life, and I hope Darnay realizes this to prevent him from continuing to take advantage of his success and jeopardize his development and happiness. This is not a guess, the above is 100% factual and I'm sure FK can verify.

2. Geohhh

Geohhh Junior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    I wouldn't let anyone influence me on my decision at the end of the day its your life. I feel bad for him UCLA don't produce DB's in the NFL, the last time on got drafted was 2011 that says a lot. UCLA seem like they only produce front 7's and nothing else. If this story is true then shame on his dad for helping crush his kids dream if he really wanted to go to USC.

3. 323TROJANS

323TROJANS Junior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Sad. No doubt dad is a selfish POS here. Very unfortubate if this kid is forced through 3-4 years of misery playing for the bRuins. Maybe Darnay's recruitment will continue until NLI day.

4. bestlakersfan

bestlakersfan Junior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Move on here. It's fine to know what happened, but let's stay classy.

5. bestlakersfan

bestlakersfan Junior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Bestgalaxyfan Nahhh, I don't mean it like that, just want us to not dump on the kid. We are Trojans and have class. Just hold us to a higher standard, but everyone can say what they want. It's a forum and a board.

And I said, it is good for people to know what happened.

6. allaboutball

allaboutball Junior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Darnay was a silent commit to Ohio State earlier in the season. Last week he said he was a silent commit to USC.

7. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    So, who is funding Proway Training?

8. Trojanproud1

Trojanproud1 Junior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    That's quite a backstory. Sounds like there are some shades of the story about Cam Newton's selfish father. WTH, I just don't get these self-centered parents who put their desires in front of their kid's. Still time before NSD. Maybe Mom can beat some sense into dick-dad's huge melon.

9. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jan 8, 2017

Ehh, this guy has had felony tax evasion and marijuana distribution issues.....he's not just a ''self-centered parent''.

10. HelixTrojan

HelixTrojan Junior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Unfortunate, but a common story.

The details for recruits are not the same, nor can they always be confirmed . . . but the fact is that the college decision is not always the recruit's decision.

The background stuff is important because we have seen posters blame kids and coaches (even calling them inappropriate names) without knowing a fraction of the full story.

There is mis-information and inaccurate information every year in recruiting.

But now, mostly due to ANTI social media, there is something different going on.

There are some people close to recruits who have real or imagined axes to grind . . . and they are using their influence.

Even the legit analysts and sites are being mis-led.

And that has led to posters to believe they know what's going on . . . and run with any kind story.

And that misleads everyone else.

There is not a rumor mill any more.

There is a rumor blast furnace now.

11. USCDENTIST

USCDENTIST Junior Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Well let's beat the Bruins ass for many more years to come and make his dad and Darnay sad.
    Let's pass for 400+ and rush for 200+ and hang 40+ point wins on them and then send Jack Jack, Biggie, Adoree etc all to the NFL and keep the CB train rolling to the NFL.
    Josh Shaw, Robey, Seymour....whose next boys???

What a sad situation for this kid but whatever. He made the choice, he can suffer with it now. More motivation for the men of Troy.

12. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Fake news....What your reporting sounds like a NCAA violation. A parent getting money or donation wink wink...from a school for the recruits signature? If this is true and I doubt it then report it to the NCAA..

13. yah20002

yah20002 Junior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Dad sure was acting like he had something personally at stake with this decision. I saw a desperate man acting like he was in hot water if didn't deliver on a promise. Way too much smoke on this one. SC might have actually dodged a bullet.

14. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Very sad and disturbing story about Darnay. A full ride scholarship is a great escape pod to establish personal independence by laying the early groundwork to put some distance between child and overbearing parents. Eventually parents come around and respect their child's decisions and don't take away their love. The child-parent bond of love is unconditional. Darnay should not be at ucla if he had to sacrifice his happiness. No parent should ever do that to their child. I think it's despicable. Good luck to Darnay and that family. I shudder to think about how they will react to adversity if Darnay underperforms.

15. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Feel bad for the kid. I wish him well and much success as an individual - except against SC. As for the Ruins as a team, I hope they lose every game.

16. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    There may be some truth to the dad making the call here but Darney looked way to happy reaching for that ugly Bruin Hat. Watch the video again the only one that looked uneasy was the mom and daughter. If I'm going off body language and facial expressions. I'd say Dad got his pick and Darney did too. The nephew clearly wanted OSU.