This is the pResident

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by ConquerorSC, Oct 16, 2019.

1. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Oct 17, 2019
    Regardless of what you think of Trump's foreign policy, can't you at least acknowledge he letter was juvenile? It is astonishing what you guys will defend when it comes to Trump.

ConquerorSC and BvB09 like this.
  2. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

Oct 17, 2019
    He was one-upped.

Nancy Pelosi didn’t even read it and proceeded with her attack the same hour.

3. August West

August West Points Member

Oct 17, 2019
    Thank you, Mr. President, for not continuing the insane practice of making the United States the World’s Personal Police Force.

Troyhorn1 and DJ4SC like this.
  4. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Oct 17, 2019
    at least I no longer have a 3rd grader in my home....nightmare scenario would be a sanctimonious hypocrite substitute teacher spewing her filth in front of him

5. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Oct 17, 2019
    The OP's favorite song, I guess: "All we are saying...is give war a chance."

Is the OP really comparing Trump's handling of Iraq with Obama's? He prefers we go to war with a NATO "ally," sending those 24 soldiers into combat? And he calls Trump "juvenile?"

6. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Oct 17, 2019
    No, it was direct and succinct... unlike you your fellow TDS sufferers on this board. And BTW... Y’all are wrong again.

7. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Oct 17, 2019
    OK -- that explains so much. No wonder Trump appeals to you.

8. BvB09

BvB09 Junior Member

Oct 18, 2019
    I check in with you guys every once in a while just to see if you're still on the Trump train. And of course you are. For a while, it was mildly entertaining, but now it's actually terrifying.

Anyway, here's what William H. McRaven has to say about our current situation. Now I'm sure you will unjustly castigate McRaven, because that's what you do. You viciously and mindlessly attack anyone that dares venture off the farm. Deny, lie and ignore facts. Repeat.

"But, if we don’t care about our values, if we don’t care about duty and honor, if we don’t help the weak and stand up against oppression and injustice — what will happen to the Kurds, the Iraqis, the Afghans, the Syrians, the Rohingyas, the South Sudanese and the millions of people under the boot of tyranny or left abandoned by their failing states? "

Our Republic is Under Attack From the President
    William H. McRaven
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/opinion/trump-mcraven-syria-military.html

ConquerorSC likes this.
  9. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Nobody missed you

CrownoftheValley and Troyhorn1 like this.
  10. The Mayor of Leah

The Mayor of Leah Points Member

Oct 18, 2019
    McRaven is a political hack that real SEAL'S dont much care for.

That goes for you, too, Beevs.

Fuck you and Billy. You're both pussies.

PS: Don't be terrified, pussyboy.....we stopped funding DAESH once the Muslim Brotherhood vacated the White House and Langley.

11. SCBIGTIME

SCBIGTIME Junior Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Odd how you hippies have evolved into big government supporting, war loving intolerant living breathing contradictions.

CrownoftheValley, Troyhorn1 and DJ4SC like this.
  12. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Who knew a quick Google search for ECHO CHAMBER would turn up the following actual portraits of the old farts and folks on this MKJ Off Topic message board?
    LMAO!

echo dude.png echo old fart.jpg echo johnny.jpg

13. SCBIGTIME

SCBIGTIME Junior Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Interesting that you are so anti-echo chamber, yet you subscribe to talking points made by these people...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  14. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Oct 18, 2019
    FYI, many of us retired military do not support the "mission" over there. The Kurds will take help from whomever. Obama by announcing to the world and then pulling out all our troops made way for ISIS. We were over there only to get rid of ISIS. How long do you suspect we would stay in the middle east with this never ending war. Just curious. Have you ever served? The information and intel in the military is not published all of the front pages of Yahoo. There is so much you do not know that could fill volumes. You can bet we still have some people over there monitoring this situation. Having also served in the Pentagon at the very end of my career, I will say again there is a lot you do not know.

Many of us military retirees are not happy with the General Officer corps. There is a feeling among many of us who feel that we have too many of them and that many are feathering their own nest to keep these GO slots open. I served both in the middle east and Vietnam. I will take the Vietnamese over the Muslims any day. We have made a lot of mistakes with the wars we have been involved in. Why can we not learn from history. You want to blame Trump for us being in the middle east. This has been going on for a lot longer than Trump. 400 Troops are not going to make the difference as to what direction this thing goes. I say get our troops out and supply the Kurds the firepower and logistic support to fight their war. What puzzles me is the same people who were doves in the 60s are hawks now. Go to war son for a needless cause and see how much you enjoy it. It ain't much fun.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  15. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Good philosophical question.

We often excoriate armies for getting ready to “fight the last war.”

In some sense, they all do that. It’s unavoidable.

The real problem, however, is that they train based on mistaken notions of what the next war will be like.

And until we can see the future, I don't know how to avoid that.

16. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Oct 18, 2019
    The bottom line is most Americans left and right are sick of wars. Especially those with no discernible objective or end date. We lose 2o vets a day to suicide. Absolutely unacceptable. So bone spurs wants to bring the boys ( and girls home) and somehow he’s a threat to world peace.? It’s like Animal Farm.

17. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Oct 18, 2019
    Sure, go ahead and run on the platform that we can never ever ever leave Syria, and that your 24 sons should remain to block a Turkish invasion. See how that sells.