This is going to be another embarrassment...

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Carnauber, Nov 5, 2019.

1. This is going to be another embarrassment...
    Carnauber

Carnauber Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Bohn was supposed to be introduced yesterday. The longer this goes on, the more acid in my stomach. Please tell me this University, the single most dysfunctional place in America, isn’t going to get turned down by the guy from Cincinnati. Please. What a spectacular slow motion explosion these last 5 years have been. A corrupt thief hires a drunk over the guy who now has the #1 team in the US. Corrupt thief leaves with millions, for Autograph Dope who signs the single dumbest contract in the history of College Football - not hyperbole - giving multiple millions to a man who never deserved to be a head coach, much less at a blue blood university. It is beyond stunning and sad and maddening. All the while, doctors on campus are watching hookers die from meth overdoses and trying to put their fingers inside co-eds - for a quarter century. What in the actual f$&@ is wrong with our school? Can anyone make it stop? We are in the Caligula stage of empire...

2. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    The good stage or the not so good stage?

ConquerorSC likes this.
  3. SC87

SC87 Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    As an observer from the east coast who doesn't get back there often, everything in California seems dysfunctional these days. It is like the end of times with the fires, traffic, homeless, housing costs, taxes, and collapsing sports teams. There doesn't seem to be a single positive sign. And USC appears totally adrift in just about every regard. Coaches and players were once dying to go there. Now any hire is a crap shoot. With an emphasis on the crap. At the very least, these deals should be signed in blood before word leaks out. My guess is that Bohn leaked the story or is angling for a bidding war now that the word is out. He can either leverage a pay increase at Cincy or ask SC to up their offer.

4. Area51Trojan

Area51Trojan Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    we hired a mouth piece President

5. TrojanCampaign

TrojanCampaign Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Collapsing sports teams?

The Rams were in the superbowl last year, Golden State recently was in the NBA championship every year, the 49ers are undefeated, and while we stuck...SDSU and Fresno are doing good.

Traffic and housing costs have more to do with population than politics.

Can't really do anything about the fires unless the state is literally will to start mass deforestation.

TrojanFireHorse12 likes this.
  6. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Glad that there's still folks around these parts with a functioning brain.

7. TrojanCampaign

TrojanCampaign Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    And I'll comment on the housing cost as somebody who lives in the south but was considering moving back. To us East Coasters the idea of how much houses cost in California seems absolutely insane. I mean where I live for $400,000 you can get a 4000 square foot house on a mountain. And in a place like San Francisco $400,000 would probably get you a nice sleeping bag and box.

The state of California needs to do a better job of making places outside of Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Jose more desirable to live.

gubo&palanka and trojanworld like this.
  8. August West

August West Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    I liked your post. But I don’t actually like it all. But an AGREE button wasn’t available.

lol

gubo&palanka likes this.
  9. BeachFAN

BeachFAN Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Let me be the first to say "Welcome Coach Del Rio!" HCJDR... wow, that's pretty underwhelming

gubo&palanka and ConquerorSC like this.
  10. Tusc2000

Tusc2000 Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    She took Swann out quickly. I'll give her some time before I draw any conclusions.

gubo&palanka and ConquerorSC like this.
  11. DARNELLJAX

DARNELLJAX Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Kinda easy to do when Swann didn't really want to be here in the first place, she just gave him more time to golf without being scrutinized for it.

gubo&palanka, DaFireMedic and DJ4SC like this.
  12. SC87

SC87 Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    SDSU and Fresno? In what? Water polo or beach volleyball? LOL. How are the Rams and Chargers doing this year? Last I heard the Chargers were considering abandoning their multi-billion dollar stadium for London because no one is showing up. The Rams likely won't make the playoffs. How did the Dodgers do in the playoffs? They are still looking for those HR balls Kershaw gave up. How did the Rams make out in the Super Bowl? How are the LA Kings doing? How did the Lakers do last year with LeBron? How did Golden State do in the finals? It's a litany of disasters. And that doesn't get into us and UCLA.

13. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    49ers are the only team in Cali doing well.

14. yah20002

yah20002 Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Mater Dei??

15. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Oops forgot about MD.

16. 1969Trojan

1969Trojan Junior Member

Nov 5, 2019
    qqqqqqqman: I am completely baffled, surprised, and disappointed to see that somebody hires a former player (actually three) with little or no sports management experience to guide a complex university athletic department. Also, hiring a former player as ahead coach without looking at his records is insane. But the whole decision making apparatus seems very dysfunctional now.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  17. K9Buck

K9Buck Points Member

Nov 5, 2019
    Politics doesn't affect housing costs and population?

gubo&palanka and Kaptain Karl like this.