Statement from Bubba Bolden

Discussion in 'Trojan Huddle' started by GarryP, Oct 8, 2018.

1. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Oct 10, 2018
    12.10 Administrative Reviews

An Administrative Review consists of a meeting between the Director or designee (finder-of-fact) and the named student

I. In a Voluntary Administrative Review, the student does not dispute the facts upon which the allegations are based, waives their right to further review and accepts the decision by signing an Administrative Review form. Students accepting the Administrative Review form retain the right to appeal to the appropriate appeal body only as to the appropriateness of the sanction (see Section B.15.02.II).

II. In a Summary Administrative Review, the student may deny some or all of the facts upon which the allegations are based, or the student may dispute the appropriateness of the recommended sanction(s). The Director of Student Judicial Affairs and Community Standards, or designated review officer, may determine the student is responsible for the alleged violation(s) or dismiss the case, based on the preponderance of the evidence. Students found responsible for violations under the Summary Administrative Review process retain the right to appeal to the appropriate appeal body on all grounds (see Section 15.02). As an alternative to making a determination on the case, the review officer may refer the case to the Residential Education Review (Section 12.13).
    https://policy.usc.edu/scampus-part-b/

2. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Bubba I wish you the best however I hope you learn from your actions and will put the alcohol down when you get in those situations because you know how stupid people act when they are drunk or have been drinking now move on with your life and do something positive

PacTrojan likes this.
  3. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Problem with this is his behavior wasn’t always to do with drinking

4. 101Coast

101Coast Points Member

Oct 11, 2018
    He'll be alright at Arizona State.

5. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Simply put, it was not a Title IX issue, why should they weigh in?

PacTrojan likes this.
  6. Sam Bam

Sam Bam Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018

So I read that too. I get the feeling from reading this his fate was sealed by an individual, not a committee. Is that the way you read it?

7. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Not necessarily. I get the feeling his fate was sealed by his actions. Several have reported that it was not an isolated incident, but several incidents related to and following the original incident; along with a past history of issues on campus. Did you read the part about being able to appeal? I am wondering if he exercised his right to appeal.

8. PacTrojan

PacTrojan Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018
    At no point in his statement did he say he had apologized to the host for his behavior. It's too bad USC is prohibited by federal law from talking about this case (or any student's educational records) and allowing the SJACS to explain the reasoning for its decision.

sctrojan2006 likes this.