Sam Darnold was not the reason for last season's turnaround (tongue in cheek)

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by 3XUSCDad, May 4, 2017.

1. Sam Darnold was not the reason for last season's turnaround (tongue in cheek)
    3XUSCDad

3XUSCDad Junior Member

May 4, 2017
    I have been watching game film, and I noticed something. At the start of the season coach Helton was noticeably trimmer. In hind sight I remember someone commenting on it, but it didn't register with me how significant that would be. As the season progressed, so did coach's waist line. By the Arizonia State game, it had reached critical mass, and the rest is history. By the time of the Rose Bowl he was in championship form (pardon the pun). If you don't believe me watch coach Helton standing with the team before the Alabama game and then him standing with the team before the Penn State game. I rest my case. :tongue:

2. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

May 4, 2017
    It looked like Tee Martin had shed some pounds...but then it didn't. It could have been the dark sweatsuit. Was Clay wearing darker colors early on? He looked the same all season to me.

3. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

May 5, 2017
    Clay fired the baseball better than our starter last nite. Looks like he lost weight.

4. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

May 5, 2017
    I noticed the weight gain last year, but I hadn't thought that it might be the reason for the team's turnaround. You could very well be right.

At least it's food for thought....