Reggie Bush on Cowerd today

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by djgcue, Jan 19, 2017.

2. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Not interested

3. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Is he lobbying to get picked up by the Seahawks?

4. CCTrojans

CCTrojans Junior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    No, I think he just thinks Pete Carroll is a great coach. Which is true.

Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!

5. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    I still can't get past Cowherd's Taj Majal desk. I swear it must have its own zip code.

6. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    One thing about the comment from Bush, he played for a lot of coaches as he bounced around.

7. guboamppalanka

guboamppalanka Junior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Pete Carroll ran a loose (meaning fun) program.

Cowherd: a little too loose (meaning inviting scrutiny from ncaa) at the end.

Reggie: "Yeah" and laughs.

What is wrong with this guy?

8. trojaneer

trojaneer Junior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    So weird hearing him talk...thought he was mute.

9. cwoody

cwoody Junior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    I saw it and barely recognized him. When I did I just hit the "last watched" button on the remote.

10. IETrojanFan

IETrojanFan Junior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    While I don't hate Bush like some here do, I find him as uninteresting/uninspiring post-USC as he was exciting while at USC...

11. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Jan 20, 2017
    I think he is borderline sociopathic. Not meaning he is violent or criminal, but just in the way he can compartmentalize things to serve his own agenda.

12. CCtrojanfan

CCtrojanfan Junior Member

Jan 20, 2017
    I support Reggie Bush!

13. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jan 21, 2017
    If only Reggie paid back Lake what his step dad took.

14. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jan 21, 2017
    The real culprit that caused the NCAA to levy such a harsh punishment on USC was the girl tennis player and the phone card abuse. What was she thinking? She just can't abuse $30.00 like that to call her family - it was unfathomable!

15. Touchdown for USC

Touchdown for USC Junior Member

Jan 21, 2017
    For he who should not be named.

16. miker1

miker1 Junior Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I understand those that are still mad him, but I am not. This guy was so special that USC is still reaping the benefits. And thats in spite of the sanctions.

17. Jim4SC

Jim4SC Junior Member

Jan 22, 2017
    If he would have just paid Leonard Lake back when he signed that first NFL contract none of it would have happened and he would be an SC hero for the rest of his life ( I guess he still is ) but it would be so much better without the stain of the scandal. $300,000 is a lot of money but with a 60+ Million $ contract in his account that 300K is tipping money. Fight On!!

18. Carnauber

Carnauber Junior Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Fun fact: I rushed for more yards in the NFL last year than Reggie.

19. ViterbiCSBA

ViterbiCSBA Junior Member

Jan 23, 2017
    I love ragging on Cowherd but this segment was pretty entertaining and made me think. This was my first time watching a proper interview with adult Reggie too.

So my first thoughts were that this guy is clearly a highly intelligent, humorous, and articulat adult. However, this revelation only makes it more disappointing that Bush essentially pushed the eject button on USC and disappeared without so much as a "see ya" the second shit hit the fan.

I do suppose the calculating thing to have done given the circumstances was to act in immediate self preservation and just focused on going on to make millions in the NFL. But I feel now that his career is winding down, his post-NFL life would have slightly more substance and meaning if he still held close ties with USC.

Many of us hold the view that the morally right thing to have done was to fight tooth and nail with "his guys." He could have shown some love and loyalty to the place and people that made it all happen for him. He could have been a great RB anywhere, but only at Pete Carroll's USC could he have cemented his legacy as the #1 college football player in the country.

His testimony may have turned the tides in the ensuing legal battles and a court would have appreciated his measured demeanor and first-person insight into what was really going on. Our side of the story just never got heard. The only person who could tell it and also have people listen just never spoke up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has some regrets and plans on making reparations with the USC community when his time in the NFL runs out. He just needs to call the situation what it was and apologize from his heart to all involved. If he finds it in himself to do at least that, I for one would be ready to have him back.

20. Carnauber

Carnauber Junior Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Reggie in an amoral, me-first Turd of epic proportions. I do not understand the hear-no-evil see-no-evil willfully ignorant types who want to give him a pass, or just want to focus on his play. Life is so much more htan that. USC s so much more than that. He obviously knew wrong was happening: when you go home, and your Mother and the Janitor/Preacher/Huckster with whom she is shacking are living in a new, much nicer place all of the sudden, don't you ask how that came to be? Maybe even before you say 'hi'? Don't you then have an obligation to mention it to your team? Your "brothers?" This is all assuming he wasn't a more integral part of the dopey "deal" with the pathetic felons, and I would bet my last dollar he was indeed a much bigger part. But alright, you're 21, you're invincible, you're on your way to obvious millions, I sort of get it, and make an allowance for youth. But he's not a youth anymore. He's approaching middle age in fact. 12 years have passed, and yet mum he stays. Worse, he chuckles when Cowherd makes an allusion to extra benefits. The three most recent stories you have heard about him have to with Kardashians, paying millions to some lot lizard to abort his baby, and rushing for negative yards across the span of an entire season. I pray the University never welcomes him back. The Karma now haunting that selfish Man is something to behold, and I won't lie, something from which I take a little bit of joy.

21. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Jan 24, 2017
    He could humbly and sincerely admit what he did, and apologize. I think 99% of the Trojan Family that has a problem with him would be on board with him coming back into the fold.

The people that want to welcome him back without a mea culpa are dumb

22. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Doubt he ever says he is sorry

23. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Doubt if he ever even FEELS sorry, let alone say it

24. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

Jan 24, 2017