Recruiting: Jake Garcia to play senior season in Georgia

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Aug 6, 2020.

2. Rainman44

Rainman44 Junior Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Bizarre. Just bizarre. The effort it takes, the disruption it causes in one's life (his own, his parents, others etc.), the expense, and amidst an environment of risk and uncertainly from day to day...just to play high school football (like it's a sure thing). Wow.

It sucks, you know, having your senior season of football cancelled. But what is going on is bigger than such things. The failure to see that is one reason the problem has not been addressed effectively nor efficiently (my opinion, no need debate it if you disagree).

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  3. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Aug 7, 2020
    I hear you. We had to move to Huntington Beach from Costa Mesa so my son could play baseball his senior year, and I thought that was a disruption. I can't blame Garcia for wanting to play but I can't imagine moving to Georgia for a few months. And that's not even considering the surrounding factors. Then again his high school experience has been somewhat nomadic already so maybe he and his family are used to it.

Rainman44 likes this.
  4. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Aug 7, 2020
    It's better for him to play big boy football. La Habra competition was not going to test him.

Now you have to watch out for Georgia and the SEC recruiting him.

**Remember Georgia is my pick to win the NC this season.

I've lost several friends who have left California in general for Red State destinations. Maybe the Garcia's will like SEC country.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  5. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Aug 7, 2020
    I doubt UGA recruits him. I’m betting he ends up at Miami.

6. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Aug 7, 2020
    Right now they have JT Daniels a transfer and a guy signed for next class but that position has been a weak spot for them. They know it too. It wouldn't surprise me if they just loaded up and decided to correct that weakness once and for all.

If JT Daniels wins the job. It could change things. If not then its wide open.

But you are correct. Miami would be a serious contender. I spent some time in Jacksonville AKA Florida Georgia Line. You would have to watch out for FSU too.

7. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Aug 8, 2020
    Pretty tough to lock down a position "for all" when, if they're any good, they leave after three years, and if they're not, they transfer elsewhere looking for playing time.

8. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Aug 8, 2020
    My friends leaving would be large numbers rather than several. Many are making departure arrangements.

9. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Aug 8, 2020
    Pretty sure he’s trending to Miami. He sees the writing on the wall. He’ll be behind Moss.

10. ForwardUntoDawn

ForwardUntoDawn Points Member

Aug 9, 2020
    I'm not debating as in trying to change your mind. But moving as a teenager really isn't that big of a deal.

He doesn't own a house, have kids, or need a job. The only disruption is losing friends but that was going to happen when he went to college anyway. And I'm not sure if you have ever been to the South but I'm just going to leave it at this period a blue chip recruit in Georgia is never going to be without friends or girlfriends.

If he wants to pursue a professional career and football than getting out of California was probably the best idea

11. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Plus, he’s playing for Russ Probst, arguably the best HS in recent memory

12. Rainman44

Rainman44 Junior Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Is he moving by himself, into a house with another family? Or are one or both parents moving with him and renting a place to live? The latter is much easier obviously. But it still strikes me as haphazard given what is going on around us all. I totally feel for the kid (and all of them who have are seeing their season postponed or cancelled). I'm just not convinced the risk is work the reward. We shall see

13. TrojanSigma

TrojanSigma Junior Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Wasn’t he at Narbonne HS? When did he transfer to La Habra? Over the summer?

14. SC Jimbo

SC Jimbo Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Jake knows where his heart lies, California was not going to give him any reps if he wants to enroll early at sc. Relax people, this is a good thing and will put him in a much better place to succeed in his future. Dad is going with him and he has extended family in the Atlanta area. Miami does have a hard on for him but I'm not worried, fight on Jake!

15. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    You still believe he will end up at USC? I don’t see it myself.

16. SC Jimbo

SC Jimbo Member

Aug 10, 2020
    I do, anything can happen, but he is a socal kid with his family and friends here. I don't see him flipping

17. WhtHorse

WhtHorse Junior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    What does he do when Georgia moves football to the spring?

18. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    In an interview he said plans to return to SoCal & competition only makes you better.

19. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Yes. He started his HS career at Long Beach Poly, then went to Narbonne, then was going to play his senior year at La Habra. Given the COVID situation and CIF's decision regarding fall sports, he then decided to go to Georgia instead. Best of luck to him in pursuing his football dreams.

20. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Wow, that is a lot of moving around. Why?