Possible Dilemma For Mike Bohn

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by conquest4ever81, Nov 9, 2019.

1. ilikeusc

ilikeusc Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    I agree! This ship has sailed! A new coach is coming!! Folt and Bohn better get it right or the SC family will come unhinged!! Too many years of mediocre football and other sports programs. It's time for SC to start leading the west coast again as the premier university it has been. It starts with having a national caliber football team bringing in bank vaults of money to share with the other programs.

My thoughts...

2. Seaking77

Seaking77 Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Helton has been clueless and out coached his entire career. The team routinely got up in first half of games last year only to stumble and fail. Same thing obviously against Oregon and (almost) again last night. Yes we had a first quarter for the ages! But then Herm Edwards made some adjustments to contain what we were doing and were it not for a heroic play by John Houston we might have lost again last night.

SO the point remains that Helton has been taking 10-11 win caliber kids and coaching them down to 5-6-7 (MAYBE 8 this year?) seasons. That’s appalling. Assuming Utah doesn’t fold and we don’t end up in the rose bowl I’d rather usc do what I recall ND doing a few years back and not going to a crappy bowl. I mean...aren’t the people on booster sites like this essentially the core fan base of the football team. I’m not traveling anywhere to see usc coached by Clay Helton’s play in a crappy bowl, are you? And then after the crappy bowl Helton gets fired? No...end it after the season, name a new coach and don’t make the kids go through the humiliation of playing Eastern Michigan in the cheez wiz bowl.

3. USCFourLife

USCFourLife Points Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Conquest Stop with your Claydo posts. You are annoying. When he gets canned you will need to apologize to the entire board about your lack of football acumen.

Claydo would never be hired by 1 Pac 12 School let alone be granted an interview for
    A job. Claydo does not even qualify for the Trinity league. Possibly he can coach a LA City Section 3a team but definitely not a 4a team. Claydo is a lying hack.[/QUOTE]

4. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Why would I apologize for being reasonable? The idiots are the tarmac goons who want him fired after every game which includes losses and even close wins. If somehow USC makes it to the Rose Bowl, terminating him would be unprecedented. Perhaps all the tarmac zombies should apologize to me. Perhaps more on this board should maintain a more positive attitude and get on board for the path back to Rose Bowl glory. Bohn would agree.

images (50).jpeg

5. PacTrojan

PacTrojan Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    If USC wins the Pac-12 South, then Helton and this team has by definition exceeded expectations - No one in the media Picked USC to Win the South. To exceed expectation with all the key injuries, starting a real freshman QB and playing freshman RB for a good deal of the season is an accomplishment and does not get a HC fired.

If USC were to win the Pac-12 (not saying this is at all likely) then Helton is definitely not getting fired, as something like that has never happened in the history of modern college D1 football.

Most likely outcome is USC beats Cal and drops a second year game to UCLA (this time at home in the Coliseum) which means no Pac-12 South title... and two straight years of losing to both Rivals ND and UCLA gets him fired.

CCTrojans likes this.
  6. 3rd Slide

3rd Slide Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    OP’s rationale would be true at ucal, but that’s not how it works at SC.

ilikeusc and Trojan12 like this.
  7. USCFourLife

USCFourLife Points Member

Nov 10, 2019
    At best we are 8-4 is that acceptable? We should be undefeated but Claydos incompetence caused us 4 losses and narrowly escaped 3 more ( Fresno State, Colorado and ASU). Claydo is a lousy coach and deserves to be canned at season end.

uscjrl98, Trojan12 and ConquerorSC like this.
  8. Poodlemothra

Poodlemothra Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    There are two chances for SC to get to the Rose Bowl. They are, no way and no way in hell. The op did watch the Oregon game, yes?

uscjrl98 likes this.
  9. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Nothing you post is reasonable in any sense. We are not going to the Rose Bowl!we have two more regular season games, and will be lucky to win one. You continue to attribute heroic qualities to our loser coach, despite him almost blowing a big lead again. You are either mentally unstable, or enjoy being mocked.

uscjrl98 and Trojan12 like this.
  10. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Nov 10, 2019
    I'm amused by the tarmac idiots and the ones whose heads explode when USC wins while Helton is HC.

11. The Lizard King

The Lizard King Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    USC is 11-11 over the past two seasons.

FO! (and I don't mean Fight On!)

CrownoftheValley and uscjrl98 like this.
  12. JayBird23

JayBird23 Points Member

Nov 10, 2019
    We may not win another game this year

13. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    This sentiment was 100% accurate prior to hiring Folt and the new AD. Folt and Bohn by all accounts are very competitive people. I may be wrong but I sincerely believe they would love nothing more than to have a strong football program. I guess we will both find out soon enough. Fight On!

14. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Your not being reasonable you are just being obtuse. We have the 10th best recruiting class in the pac 12. Enough said. Any more comments from you going forward would just confirm your desire to further ruin our program.

15. FleetwoodMack

FleetwoodMack Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Major Premise: No one should ever apologize for being reasonable.
    Minor Premise: You should apologize.
    Conclusion: ???
    The winning answer wins Rose Bowl tickets where you will sit next to conquest4ever81. All runners up will receive Las Vegas Bowl tickets where they will be able to cheer on the Trojans.

woohit42 likes this.
  16. woohit42

woohit42 Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    That's my prediction on what bowl we'll be invited to.

17. ilikeusc

ilikeusc Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Conquest 4ever81: That's what outsiders don't understand about USC football. We aren't happy winning football games. We are extremely disappointed when we don't win National Championships! That's why Coach Helton isn't cutting it. yes, he is a nice human and for most universities he would be a fine football coach, but not here. He is not capable of winning National Championships. Did the light go on yet?

18. LoyalTrojan

LoyalTrojan Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    Will somebody please revoke this persons thread starting privileges? And with all his aliases, making it hard to enjoy the board....

conquest4ever81 likes this.
  19. LaissezFaire28thStUSC

LaissezFaire28thStUSC Junior Member

Nov 10, 2019
    If true, why would Folt be against hiring Urban Meyer, the only elite coach not busy coaching for a spot in the playoff now?

20. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Nov 10, 2019
    it's people like the OP that is part of the reason why Clay has lasted this long. Rival PAC fans love this type of fan too.

Troy70, djgcue and SCBIGTIME like this.