Pope says 'builders of walls' sow fear and divide

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by reTiredEngr, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Pope says 'builders of walls' sow fear and divide
    reTiredEngr

reTiredEngr Junior Member

Jan 26, 2019
    In apparent shot at Trump, Pope says 'builders of walls' sow fear and divide
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/americas/pope-walls-panama/index.html

I have not been to Vatican City before so I used Google Maps to do a virtual tour. There are nice high walls around most of the City. Perhaps the pope can lead by example and tear down those walls?

uscernie likes this.

2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jan 26, 2019
    The Pope should worry about the rampant pedophilia and cover up....he's part of it. If he wants to talk fear, talk to kids who have been raped, orally copulated, and sodomized by HIS men of God. Seriously...it's none of his business what we do in America.

3. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Jan 26, 2019

When it’s all said in done I imagine the pope will come out against jail cells and capital punishment too.

BlueBlood and tommytrojan1122 like this.
  4. reTiredEngr

reTiredEngr Junior Member

Jan 26, 2019
    The pope said "forced migration" is because:

"They find themselves boxed in and lacking opportunities, amid highly confidential situations with no quick solution: domestic violence, the killing of women -- our continent is experiencing a plague in this regard -- armed gangs and criminals, drug trafficking and sexual exploitation of minors and young people," Francis said to a gathering of Central American bishops in Panama.

Shouldn't they be urging the Central American governments to find solutions to those issues instead of pointing his finger at us?

5. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jan 26, 2019
    Papa needs to shuddup his face and tend to his own flock. I got no problem with walls around the Vatican to protect their vast collections of the greatest artworks that exist anywhere in the history of mankind. When Islam is allowed to take over Europe that's the first place those radical maniacs will destroy.

6. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Jan 27, 2019
    If one goes to the Vatican, you will find Michaelangelo’s “ Pieta” secured and protected behind a thick transparent wall. Years ago some maniac took a hammer to it and severely damaged it.

I am fairly certain Cpl. Ronil Singh was as valuable to his family as the Pieta is to the Vatican.

7. SoCal93

SoCal93 Junior Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Many years ago I heard a quote regarding the Pope which I remember to this day: "He no playth the game, he no maketh the rules."

Troianus Acies likes this.
  8. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Jan 27, 2019
    I was raised by my parents in the Catholic faith. When I was of age I opted out of the Catholic faith.

It is not my intention to demean the Catholic faith or to argue over religious beliefs and interpretations of the old and new testaments.

But, my own personal belief has always been that no man or woman can or should be placed upon a throne that declares them closer, holier, sager, or the only one qualified to obtain heavenly instruction from the divine creator than any other human alive on this planet.

Rabbis, Pastors, Reverends, Priests, apostles and any other person of the cloth, in my opinion, is an advocate for the teachings morals and existence of a divine being that created all humans equally in its image. Call then spiritual guides, who have chosen a particular path to what they believe is an after life with a divine creator and who are eager to share their convictions with all who chose to listen or join in.

Above all else...men and women of the cloth are no different than you or I and are not endowed with anything that makes them superior or inferior to anyone. They are to be held to the same standards as the rest of us that do not murder, steal, molest, cheat, lie, etc. etc. No amount of ceremonial trappings or declarations can make any person of the cloth something other than another human being that believes or has faith in a divine creator.

I do not have to tell another human person of the errors I have made in life unless I choose to. I do not cleanse myself of human misdeeds by saying a designated set of prayers followed by receiving the host (basically a holy piece of bread) at a religious ceremony called mass or at any other religious ceremony.

If there is a divine creator, then it is of my own opinion, that I can speak directly to the creator at any time, at any place, orally or silently through what is called prayer to convey my regrets and bare my soul. This belief does not require a response from the creator but does require ones self to reevaluate themselves and their daily actions so as to be the best they can be.

Enough said.

reTiredEngr and fssca51 like this.
  9. fansincemckay

fansincemckay Points Member

Jan 27, 2019
    I concur.

TroyBill and Troianus Acies like this.
  10. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Have you guys been to the Vatican? Did you notice what surrounds it? Big walls and Swiss guards..Need I say more?

fssca51, BlueBlood, DJ4SC and 2 others like this.
  11. Troianus Acies

Troianus Acies Junior Member

Jan 27, 2019
    The richest religion in the world with gold objects and priceless works of art all over the place and not a hint of improvement in the lives of the third world country Catholics.

fssca51, BlueBlood, DJ4SC and 2 others like this.
  12. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Jan 27, 2019
    The pope needs to invite this guy to the Vatican....

A man among a group of migrants detained in a desolate part of New Mexico near the Mexican border has a flesh-eating bacteria.

The man was taken to a hospital recently after telling a federal agent that he had a growing rash on his leg, Border Patrol spokesman Carlos Antunez said Friday.

The rare condition, called necrotizing fasciitis, spreads quickly and can be fatal, but is unlikely to spread to others.

The bacteria usually gets into the body through a minor cut or scrape and can cause a serious infection that can destroy muscle, skin and other tissue.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/migrant-detained-at-us-mexico-border-had-flesh-eating-bacteria

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  13. fssca51

fssca51 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jan 27, 2019
    The pope has no business meddling in the internal affairs of the USA. Butt Out Mr. Pope. Your words carry no weight in the USA. You can't even manage your own domain; why should we in America listen to you. Maybe you should be thinking about building barriers of some type to keep pedophiles out of your church.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  14. Jpltrojan

Jpltrojan Junior Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Can the Pope give the angel families a call and explain that to them?

15. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Jan 28, 2019
    Translation: Without immigration (illegal and legal) from Latin America into the U.S., the U.S. Catholic church is seeing a declining membership.

The pope does not want his gravy train cut off.

16. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Jan 28, 2019
    I'm also pretty sure that it's hard to "immigrate" to Vatican City. I wonder what the Pope's reaction would be to a caravan of folks wanting to live in Vatican City--at the City's expense.

17. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    Very hard. I looked it up.

The one avenue open to the immigrants is for the Pope himself to grant them citizenship.

He has the authority; why doesn't he use it?