Please call their Bluff, best opportunity in years.

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Buck Dancer, Jun 25, 2019.

1. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Yes, a lot of “Ifs” that would have to happen.

I think many are looking at it solely from the standpoint of:
    A. Sticking it to the NCAA (a good thing)
    B. Compensating college players (could be a good thing depending on how it’s done).

But few seem to be considering the potentially devastating effects it would have on USC football, or college football as a whole.

We complain about the “No Fun League”, yet many seem to want to take college football in that very direction.

This whole thing needs to be throughly researched and thought through.

Hockey10 likes this.
  2. gepetohong

gepetohong Junior Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Agree, that’s why I say it is “possible”. But that would be somewhere between “nearly impossible” to “highly unlikely”. But it’s still probably vastly more likely than winning the lottery...

3. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Even if it were to happen and somehow be successful enough, Its very difficult to find anything good at all in it for USC football and the fans.

I love the USC/Notre Dame game, it’s by far my favorite sporting event of the year, much more than the Super Bowl. It would be gone, replaced by San Jose St, Fresno St, etc. And that’s probably the most minor of the damage. Joining a California league, even if it were successful, would ruin USC football.

Like I said, I want to stick it to the NCAA as much as anyone else here, but I’m concerned about the future of USC football and college football in general and both the California Legislature and the NCAA need to tread carefully.