PAC still getting zero respect

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by KeenObserver, Mar 23, 2021.

1. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Mar 24, 2021
    This.

Yesterday, taking my son to soccer practice and listening to a classic rock radio station here in Virginia, the DJ mentioned tournament results (focusing on Virginia and Maryland teams). In his remarks, he mentioned the dominance of the Pac-12 in reaching the Sweet 16. So yes, neutral observers have eyes to see and are giving props, it's just lazy and biased national writers like this ESPN tool who have their heads up their asses.

KeenObserver likes this.
  2. Ride Fly

Ride Fly Junior Member

Mar 24, 2021
    Hey I think I just figured out your board name...So you live near the Armel VOR!! Do you work in the aviation industry? Do you fly GA, commercial or military?

3. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Mar 24, 2021
    Nope. I'm by Dulles and Udvar-Hazy. Worked at Boeing for a decade, but with satellites and intel, not aviation, though both my grandfathers worked for Douglas in Long Beach. Board name is just my initials.

4. Ride Fly

Ride Fly Junior Member

Mar 24, 2021
    Doh, I thought I had it! I put the fact that you live near DC and your board initials coincide with a VOR (VHF Omnidirectional Radio) that is used for navigation at Dulles (AML- Armel VOR), I assumed you worked in some way, in the aviation industry. Thanks for the the brief of you background. Fight On! Let’s beat the Quacks!

AMLTrojan likes this.
  5. Conquestluvr

Conquestluvr Junior Member

Mar 25, 2021
    I suspect that if any team other than USC was seeded six in the West, that this team would not be playing in the least watched time slot for both the 2nd and 3rd round games.

Sixteenth game out of 16 in the 2nd round, and eighth game out of eight in the 3rd round.
    Are these time slots just a coincidental function of USC's placement in the bracket, or are they, on both occasions, in the least watched time slot because they are USC?
    USC is neither an elite team, nor a Cinderella team and they have limited tradition.
    It would therefore not surprise me if their time slots were a function of being regarded as the least popular team in the tournament, and therefore assumed to garner the lowest ratings.

6. Georgetirebiter IV

Georgetirebiter IV Points Member

Mar 27, 2021
    I think your premise is mistaken. This is the prime spot and is given to USC because it is the team from the biggest market. The fact that they are somewhat a Cinderella team does not hurt either.

7. 3rd Slide

3rd Slide Junior Member

Mar 27, 2021
    Meanwhile, OSU up 8 at the half over Loyola Chicago...