Pac 12 Track Awards

Discussion in 'Other USC Sports' started by fansincearnett, May 16, 2019.

1. Pac 12 Track Awards
    fansincearnett

fansincearnett Junior Member

May 16, 2019
    Angie Annelus was named women's track athlete of the year. Ayden Owens men's track freshman and Lanae-Tava Thomas women's track freshmen athletes of the year. Coach Caryl Gilbert was women's coach of the year. Congrats to all.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    aimeedee and MediaCapital like this.

2. mfortroy

mfortroy Junior Member

May 16, 2019
    I'm so grateful as to what Coach Caryl and Staff have done to our program over the past five years! It's really great to again see SC considered. as one of the premier track and field programs for both Men and Women. Granted the Men have yet to win an outdoor national championship, but they came close in coming in second at last year's national indoor meet. However with the Men, the greatest glory has been in the individual performers with such athletes as Andre DeGrasse, Michael Norman and Rai Benjamin! All of these guys are national champion record breakers. The Women on the other hand, have reached a whole new level for SC! The epic 4 x 400 relay at last year's meet, sealed the deal for the SC Women! Fight On!

3. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

May 16, 2019
    Given the current scholarship restrictions, I don’t know if the men will ever see an NC again. I hate to even think like that, but I can’t see past having only 12 scholarships. Every scholarship athlete needs to score well at the end. We do that and we have a shot.

fansincearnett likes this.