No county limitations on USC/UCLA practices

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, Sep 17, 2020.

1. No county limitations on USC/UCLA practices
    ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    From ESPN's Kyle Bonagura. He tweeted that he received a statement from L.A. County Department of Public Health:

Statement reads: "Collegiate sports may only proceed in compliance with all the California Department of Public Health Interim Guidance for Collegiate Athletics.

We have not placed other local restrictions or requirements so that means as long as the institution is implementing its athletic program in compliance with all the guidelines within the state document (which also included a requirement to adhere to all NCAA directives), it is permitted in Los Angeles County."

Rodgarnay51 likes this.

2. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    Jon Wilner on state restrictions (specifically lifting the limitation of cohorts to 12): "Source: Lifting of state-level CA restrictions on cohorts requires passage through multiple entities -- the bureaucracy is exactly what you would imagine - and is expected soon, but not finalized."

3. contracostatrojan

contracostatrojan Junior Member

Sep 17, 2020
    Why do I get the feeling some rogue bureaucrat - in one of those entities you cite, wants to be the savior of L.A. County and will try to scuttle the thing. I'm usually a glass half-full guy, but this whole process has worn me down. Fingers are crossed, though.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.