Next Possible OC for Saban

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by GoSC27!, Jan 10, 2021.

2. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jan 10, 2021
    Bryce should transfer, lol

3. Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander Points Member

Jan 10, 2021
    I have heard he could follow Sark.

Haven't heard much from Bryce's father lately.
    But people around MD want Bryce to have success so who is hired by Alabama is important.

4. Bilbo

Bilbo Points Member

Jan 10, 2021
    Bryce Young should transfer to Texas .. starter from this year leaving ... will only be a back up at best next year at UA

5. Innocent Bystander

Innocent Bystander Points Member

Jan 10, 2021
    Just matters who the new OC is.

Carson Palmer was suppose to step onto campus and drop his dick on college football.
    Palmer struggled. He even struggles at first with Sark. Carson Palmer jumpstarted both of their careers. Ssrk's track record with QBs is unbelievable. Even when drunk.

We will see. Alabama cannot afford to lose him. Bruce Young and his family have to do decide what is best for him.

More risk at Texas but more reward

6. TrojanHoss

TrojanHoss Junior Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Bill O’Brien.

7. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Jan 11, 2021
    Clay

8. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Jan 12, 2021
    Interesting take if Bill O’Brien was to become the next OC at Alabama. Just a year ago, he was the GM and head coach of the Houston Texans. He was the Head Coach of Penn State of the Nittany Lions, and before that he was the OC under Billichek with the Patriots. He must really love football if he is considering this option working UNDER Saban. I believe this is Saban’s first option. Can you imagine if he makes a bad play call or substitution and gets chewed out by Saban.
    O’Brien may have done some strange things at Houston, letting Hopkins go and picking up Guerley, but he did recognize that Watson was his centerpiece and got him paid. I also think he found it hard to deal with player’s egos in the NFL, but he was not bad on the offensive side of the ball going after Larry Tunsil. Could he be a fit at USC at a bargain price if that would even be a consideration down the line. I am sure if Pruitt gets let go at Tennessee he would have to be considered. Or does he just have too much baggage? Saban doesn’t think so?
    Fight On!