NCAA expands T&F exchanges zones

Discussion in 'Other USC Sports' started by MediaCapital, Aug 17, 2018.

2. fansincearnett

fansincearnett Junior Member

Aug 18, 2018
    Never get tired of watching that race. Now if the NCAA would give the men the same amount of T&F scholarships as the women, then they can brag.

3. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

Aug 18, 2018
    Very interesting, I didn't realize at the international level the zone was just a 30 meter deal and not a 10 & 20 meter configuration. Time for HS track to do the same.

4. mfortroy

mfortroy Junior Member

Aug 18, 2018
    Wow, even though I've seen this race 30 times (at least) it still brings tears to my eyes when I watch it! A race that will live in Trojan lore! Yes, now if they can only up the Men's scholarships.

trackdude likes this.
  5. fansincearnett

fansincearnett Junior Member

Aug 18, 2018
    Something that seems forgotten. Kaelin Roberts, probably SC's second best 400 runner, wasn't in the race because of an injury.

6. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Aug 19, 2018
    That's not considered a TitleIX disparity?

7. Hb4sc

Hb4sc Junior Member

Aug 19, 2018
    From the beginning Title IX has been a joke. Because of the number of scholarships given in football they need to make those up by having the women award more scholarships than the men in virtually every sport. The ridiculous truth is that football is the golden goose that pays for most of the non-revenue sports. This was forced on the colleges and universities by feminists that wanted equality any way they could get it. Men's track allows 12.6 scholarships while women's track allows 18. The discrepancy continues for each of the sports in their respective allotments. This has caused colleges to give up sports like wresting, men's gymnastics and some case men's swimming has been discontinued. A private university like USC, who used to be dominant in several of these olympic sports, was unduly penalized. If ever the statement "life isn't fair" was true, Title IX is a perfect example of that.

fansincearnett likes this.
  8. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

Aug 20, 2018
    We can disect this a few different ways, but I wonder where women’s athletics would be without Title IX? I'm also curious how universities chose to address this. Eliminating men’s sports to fund this was one way, but was that the only way??? Raising new monies is so much more difficult compared to just cutting out a sport.