Musings from Arledge: Coronavirus questions, and Jordan the jerk

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ErikMcKinney, May 13, 2020.

1. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

May 13, 2020
    Florida Governor DeSantis

BREAKING: Florida Governor opens state to ANY pro sports team "What I would tell commissioners of leagues is, if you have a team in an area where they just won't let them operate, we'll find a place for you here in the state of Florida."

2. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

May 13, 2020
    My advise to you is too stay inside, and avoid all human contact until we have a vaccine. But don't tell me I can't exercise my constitutional rights becasue you are afraid to do so. And if you take Newsom, Garcetti, Ferrer, etc at face value, you are very gullible
    Liberty and Freedom(not safety and diversity) is what made America great.

3. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

May 13, 2020
    Fauci is a brilliant scientists, and a horrible policy maker. And on this issue, he has been wrong much more than right

4. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

May 13, 2020
    Great article Chris. You nailed it how we are being treated like children who must be scolded if we make the wrong decision. And I also believe there will be no Pac 12 football this year.
    One area of disagreement- I firmly believe that the overwhelming majority of politicians and other officials calling for these punitive lockdowns are EVIL, and doing so for political gains and the aura of power.

5. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

May 13, 2020
    California will also get zero income tax from players in the state either. Florida doesn't have an income tax so the players would benefit greatly.

6. dp4life

dp4life Points Member

May 13, 2020
    The rub is - Democrats are not "stressing science," nor explaining their decisions, as Arledge pointed out. And, Republicans aren't "wanting sports and beaches" but, rather accountability around decision making that truly utilizes the science. I would hope that every American would want this level of accountability, regardless of political alignment.
    Newsom et al are not "stressing science." They are using fear and ignoring the data to drive an agenda.
    Here's some good evidence. Georgia opened up moderately about 3 weeks ago. Numbers of infected and hospitalizations continue to drop. https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

7. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

May 13, 2020
    RC was the copilot in my childhood pantry with Shasta. Those two were the cheapest brands, which is why my parents bought it, I'm sure.

DADMoyock likes this.
  8. Jpltrojan

Jpltrojan Junior Member

May 13, 2020
    Will soccer be allowed at parks? In stadiums?

9. Jpltrojan

Jpltrojan Junior Member

May 13, 2020
    Clearly you’re an LA born and raised fan. Chicago will celebrate Jordan as magnificently as LA and mourn his death as deeply as LA mourned Kobe.

Of course, that probably depends on how old he is when he passes. Kinda like a funeral for a high school friend. The whole school turns out. Kobe died wayyy before his time. But, Jordan (no idea if he’s a jerk or not) means as much to the Chicago area as Kobe does to LA.

10. travyav

travyav Junior Member

May 14, 2020
    Chris......is this what you meant by reasonable disagreement??

11. travyav

travyav Junior Member

May 14, 2020
    I'm going to skip over the Covid argument as that is a tired one for me, but the more important one is Jordan. In these uncertain and difficult times, I'm glad that some people are seeing this guy for who he truly is, despite the fact that he is controlling all of the information in the documentary.

Jordan was an exceptional, one on one, basketball player........thats it! He has sucked at everything else he has ever done. He sucks at golf, he sucks at baseball, he was a terrible teammate, he was a terrible GM, he is a terrible owner, he is a terrible person, and I'm going to say that it is likely that he is a terrible father, I mean, have you every seen a picture of Jordan with his kids? Does he even have kids?

How would you like to be one of Jordan's kids and learn to play anything from that guy when you were growing up? I'm guessing it ended in tears for the kid and a MJ victory with some trash talk and probably a cigar.......and of course he probably made the kid wager his or her allowance on the game too.

There is no "I" in "TEAM" and you can't spell "MICHAEL JORDAN IS A TOTALLY OVERRATED PERSON" without "MJ".

Stay safe everyone whether you choose to go outside or not. I've been working this whole time and my life hasn't changed much, I'm not going to pretend that my opinion on this whole thing wouldn't be different if I wasn't, I am, of course talking about the pandemic, not Jordan, I will always hate that douche.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  12. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

May 14, 2020
    You sound like a Laker fan. Lol

DADMoyock likes this.
  13. Ojaitrojan

Ojaitrojan Points Member

May 14, 2020
    He's uneducated AND a lawyer? That's actually pretty impressive in this day and age. Just to take the bar you have to have either gone to law school or apprenticed with a lawyer or judge. You'd think either option would lead to education. Apparently not. Trojsteve5, had you read the entire article you'd see that football was referenced multiple times. Finally, your logic is impeccable.

We're all peons in the medical field, so your reasoning suggests that we should discuss the La Corona. By that same iron clad reasoning all of the experts in the medical field who are peons in economic or philosophic fields should just shut up when discussing how the virus interacts with the value of life or the importance of working. Thank you for your awe inspiring treatise.

14. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

May 14, 2020
    Yes, and has the experience of HIV/AIDS, Ebola, and previous SARS/MERS response. He is the Michael Jordan of this field, without the attitude.

15. Arhedge

Arhedge Junior Member

May 14, 2020
    When I criticized Michael Jordan for punching down in this article, I didn't realize how bad my timing would be. To avoid being a hypocrite, I guess I just have to bite my tongue. Sadly, the world will now be deprived of what I'm sure would have been very much like a new Lincoln-Douglas debate.

16. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

May 14, 2020
    Kinda what I think whenever I read your blathering posts.

I'm guessing you don't realize Garry P is the one who asked him to write for the site. Works for me.

17. jjg4sc

jjg4sc Junior Member

May 14, 2020
    Great read. A little stretchy in parts but I agree with most of the premise.

18. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

May 14, 2020
    Maybe we can just get Michael Jordan to mercilessly trash-talk the virus and it will slink back home, crying all the way...

KeenObserver likes this.