LAPD finally arrests Tyndale

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Pudly76, Jun 26, 2019.

1. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jun 26, 2019
    It might appear that way but at the presser this afternoon, the lead investigator for the LAPD said they did NOT find any criminal wrongdoing on the part of USC. With a very high bar of proof required for criminal conviction, I'm going to guess there just isn't enough to go after USC in that way. But civilly? USC is toast.

Troy70 and CrownoftheValley like this.
  2. GLYCERINE

GLYCERINE Junior Member

Jun 26, 2019
    So do you believe he is innocent? That is after all what a presumption is.

I’m not advocating to hang the man before a trial but I do believe he is guilty of what he has been accused of. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for anyone to assume that, but you are correct a jury should wait for the defenses explanation

3. Trojack

Trojack Junior Member

Jun 26, 2019
    What we know now is that the BOTs worked for Max and not vice-versa. Discovery in the civil cases that didn't settle is going to be a pisser. I would love to be a fly on the wall when Max and key members of the BOT are deposed.

dbw021, 3rd Slide and Troy70 like this.
  4. TrojanHorseshoe

TrojanHorseshoe Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019
    Yay, more Pudly76 grammatical errors, with the addition of him defending a serial molester...

Seriously, though, the list of scandal after scandal at the end of this article is a scathing indictment of a prestigious institution gone awry under the auspices of the greek wonder.

President Folt, your leadership is sorely needed. And while your at it, please get rid of Quick, Caruso and swannie.

5. 3rd Slide

3rd Slide Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019
    We need a reboot of the BOT, starting with Max and Caruso.

dc4usc likes this.
  6. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019
    Is a $1 Billion civil suit beyond the realm? Ain't nuthin' gonna surprise me 'bout this mess of all messes.

7. Trojack

Trojack Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019
    Extremely possible.. The balance of the victims who are not part of the class action are going to be suing for medical battery and not medical malpractice. Huge difference...pain and suffering in medical malpractice cases is capped by law in California at $250,000 per plaintiff. There is no statutory cap on pain and suffering in medical battery cases.

8. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Jun 27, 2019
    This will be a very expensive lawsuit!

ConquerorSC likes this.
  9. CCTrojans

CCTrojans Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019
    Comments like yours are quite frustrating. As any educated person should know, the presumption of innocence applies when the government is seeking to punish someone for criminal activity. It does not apply to the ability (or the right) of the common person in their daily lives. No individual in their personal capacity is required to presume someone is innocent until it's proven otherwise beyond a reasonable doubt.

10. Pudly76

Pudly76 Points Member

Jun 27, 2019
    You’re right I apologize. Everyone should make up their minds before the truth is out. Probably why OJ got convicted...all those jurors with open minds in their daily lives.

11. CCTrojans

CCTrojans Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019
    O.J. was in reality guilty but was not convicted. I'm confused by your comment.

What exactly is the "truth" that is going to come out in this case? We have most of the evidence. The chance of any of us actually sitting on the jury is slim to none. And jury verdicts are not "truth." A not guilty verdict is NOT, by any means, a finding of innocence. It's a finding that the government failed to present enough evidence to prove a person's guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, as decided by 12 random people. Guilty people are acquitted all the time because, as a society, we have decided to be cautious about what we allow our government to do to us.

Just stop with your sarcasm. There is enough evidence to know that Tyndale is an embarrassment to the University and a pervert and some future jury verdict is not going to change that in the slightest. The only thing a jury verdict will accomplish will be to let us know whether or not the government will be permitted to punish him for what he has done.

12. Pudly76

Pudly76 Points Member

Jun 27, 2019
    OJ was found innocent/not guilty by those who thought they had the truth before trial too. Sarcasm? Hardly. Cynicism towards those who think they know the facts from the press? Yup that’s me. The crowd/mob is never wrong. Don’t even know why we waste our time with trials anymore.

13. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019
    OJ's criminal verdict was not guilty which does not mean innocent. He was convicted in the civil trial and still owes somewhere in the neighborhood of $60M to the victim's families. USC knows Tyndall is guilty which is why they are rushing a settlement with the victims. We know he took and stored pictures of patients. At the very least, he violated patient protocol and privacy as a result.

In 2016, the school was told that Tyndall seemed to specifically target international students from Asian countries, perhaps due to the students’ more limited language skills and lack of familiarity with American gynecology, which would put them at particular risk for victimization. USC hired consulting firm MDReview to investigate Tyndall “after decades of complaints” from students and colleagues. The report, now evidence in a class action lawsuit filed by former patients of Tyndall, contains some bombshell allegations including that USC was informed by a team of medical experts that campus gynecologist Dr. George Tyndall could be preying on vulnerable students and showed signs of “psychopathy”.

In the early 2000s, medical “chaperones,” who monitor procedures to ensure professional conduct, complained that Tyndall was blocking their view of pelvic exams. “In 2009, a student complained that Tyndall had complimented her pubic hair, and the next year, an alumna contacted the clinic and alleged that the gynecologist had conducted a pelvic exam six years earlier without wearing a glove.”

Tyndall now faces more than 650 lawsuits alleging sexual misconduct. And still, with all of that, Tyndall has a right to due process and a presumption of innocence as he enters a courtroom. But this isn't a courtroom. I have zero doubt that Tyndall sexually violated hundreds of students and that USC became aware of it, ignored it, and then attempted to cover it up when it boiled over. The pressure is now on the prosecution to get it right and make sure he is punished.

14. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019
    What took them so dang long to get it right!?

15. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019
    Finding all the victims as some had moved to other states and countries. Training the investigators to interview the victims. Interviewing the victims. Pouring over video, photographs, witness statements, patient records. They have one shot to get it right and gain a conviction. The proof has to be incontrovertible. If things are rushed, there's a risk that the defense will poke good enough holes to get him freed. I agree that it took longer than I would have liked but listening to Lacey and Moore yesterday, it made sense.

16. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019
    I love this site!!!

We have a post that went sideways from Tyndale to Max Nikias to OJ.

What are we building a pyramid of losers ✌

ConquerorSC likes this.
  17. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019

You and me both and if proven to be fact then another good reason for the BOT’s to get the axe.

18. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Jun 27, 2019
    Three absolutely disgusting and disturbing scoundrels affiliated with USC!

19. 3rd Slide

3rd Slide Junior Member

Jun 27, 2019
    Thanks Veebs for saying this so clearly.