KK resigning to pursue NFL interviews??

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by NorCalTrojan_itul1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Boselli

Boselli Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jan 6, 2019
    Here is what I hope.
    I hope Kingsbury will lead the offense out of the student body right dungeon and gives us ten victories, and then moves on to the NFL, and then Clay will "retire", and we get Leach to continue this exodus out of "pile of dust" Purgatory.
    I'm done with the Oline shit.

2. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019

Who’s overlooked the Helton situation? No one has talked about it?

LOL, there must be 34 threads and 945 posts on Helton’s failures.

Are we still playing football games right now.....did I miss sumpin’? Should this message board be doing something? Go Fund Me? More airplane banners?

3. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Jan 6, 2019
    How many posts have you replied pertaining to this Kingsbury fiasco. You seem naive thinking beat writers are making this KK stuff up because you have not heard any response from Kingsbury. I am saying to take your USC spectacles off and understand KK is doing what’s best for him and he will respond when he is ready and don’t be surprised if his responses are self motivated.
    Second, I am also stating we are in this current situation because we did not start house cleaning from the top. Had we started with a new head coach, he would have brought in a vision and plan for resurrecting our football program. I am not sure what you do for a living, but it is hard to work in a company that lacks vision or does not have an operational plan to execute that vision. All Fortune 500 companies have a vision and operational plan that is reinforced and driven down throughout the organization. Are we a run first team, are we a pass first team? Our current coach is depending upon his next OC to determine our offensive identity.
    Usually the head coach is predominantly offensively or defensively strong. CPC was a defensive guy, and that is why he brought in Norm Chow and the later Lane Kiffin. All the good pro coaches came up on one side of the ball. It just seems strange that our head coach who came up on the offensive side of the ball is going to depend on the new OC to establish the offensive identity.
    Yes, my personal feelings is that Helton is a lame duck coach, but at the moment I am more critical of the process which has led us to where we are now. This is just ass backwards. Ask any Organizational management professor at our university and they will also tell you that at this moment we are very disfunctional organization. It is sad that in today’s environment college football is a business and it has to be treated as so.
    You can bag on my posts as Helton bashing, but I try to support my posts with reasoning. Again, let me reiterate we are in the predicament because we did not start house cleaning at the top. At this point, it is way beyond Helton. And no, I do not blame Helton for this KK fiasco, it is just KK doing what is best for him.
    Fight On!

4. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    I admit that my last post was a bit sarcastic. I agree with pretty much everything you just said about how we got into this situation, about Helton’s coaching, and about actually cleaning house. You won’t see me making statements to the contrary.

My disagreement though was on the “free pass” comment. These same negatives about Helton come up in pretty much every thread (regardless of the thread subject), every day. Helton is the butt of every joke and the subject of all of the ridicule on this forum. If anything, people tend to go overboard, often stooping to name calling and unnecessary personal attacks. Maybe I misinterpreted what you were were saying, but I’m just not seeing any kind of “free pass” being given to Helton.

Regarding Kingsbury, all I have said about this situation is to not read things into these articles that are not there. I would ask you what is more naive, to make assumptions that aren’t even in these articles and state them here as fact, or to wait for actual information from Kingsbury and/or USC as to his intentions? Is there any actual information out there right now that Kingsbury is planning to resign as OC and interview? Or are we just assuming that he plans to?

We are responsible for all of the drama that is here right now, KK has created none of it. Yes, he should speak up and clarify the situation, but he hasn’t. People read articles that say that some NFL teams have requested KK to interview, and threads/posts start popping up here stating that KK is looking to leave. None of us know what KK is actually thinking. We always speculate about what could happen and that’s fine, but to state unfair assumptions as fact (often combined with harshly derogatory comments toward Kingsbury) is just not right.

Kingsbury might very well be looking to interview for an NFL HC position. And he might leave to take such a position before this season. But we need actual evidence or information from a reliable source before assuming anything. Even those media articles did not assume anything, only stating the known facts. The beat writers aren’t making anything up, we are. It is us that have made the assumptions, then spread it around as fact, and created the resulting drama.

We can plan for the worst, but we don’t have to assume that it’s inevitable. If KK leaves, he leaves and we get another OC. There will be a lot of angry people here, but at least they’ll have something factual to be angry about instead of getting worked up over rumors.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    GoSC1, CCTrojans and Ventura Trojan like this.
  5. LoyalTrojan

LoyalTrojan Junior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Wait a minute! You think a coach at the college level doesn’t want to coach on the biggest stage? What exactly did he tell you as to why he no longer wanted to coach at USC? I can say with almost certainty that it was the draw of the NFL rather than an issue with USC. while we’re at it, please grow up and quit calling CCH “Gomer.” It’s unbecoming ....

DaFireMedic likes this.
  6. 023lenlen

023lenlen Senior Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Plus he went to KC because of his close and longstanding relationship w/ Bieniemy, a rising star, Now he doesn't have to work 24x7 365 as in college.

Pudly76 likes this.
  7. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Thank you for your reply. Just to go on record, I have never name called Helton or made a personal attack on his character, I have only judged him based on his performance. I admit that I reference his performance to many of my posts because it is related to his leadership and organizational management skills that is severely lacking, especially as a leader of this football program.
    As for the KK fiasco, the media has picked up on this, specifically ESPN Adam Schefter, who is suppose to be an NFL insider. It is not some rumor on a message board. There is genuine interest in Kingsbury, and like anyone else he wants to see what they are offering. He knows there are no guarantees, but everyone wants to feel valued, especially after getting fired. I highly doubt KK nor his agent saw NFL teams having interest in him for possible head coaching opportunities and I highly doubt that they will hire him in that capacity, but he still has to go through the process to answer any questions he may have about his own abilities and where he wants to go from a future career path.
    Again, everyone wants to feel valued and right now his skill set is in high demand. I am highly confident he understands the consequences, but it seems like it is a risk he is willing to take. I also know it hurts our program. I know we are in a dead period where there are only PRPs. We are losing valuable time if we are going to install a new offense. There are different blocking schemes, new formations, new responsibilities. If he is under contract he should be working with the position coaches to help them transition to his new offense. He should be making contacts with recruits especially the OLine recruit that we are pursuing and others that may fit in his new offensive scheme. The last I heard he wanted to bring in his own OLine coach instead of Drevno. There are a lot of loose ends that need to be worked out, but I get it, he is trying to find out what is best for him. That is why I said there is nothing we can do about it, and that is the frustrating part of this process.
    And what if he does decide on the buyout process, we are left with the short end of the stick. But most importantly now what? Are we going to seek our next candidate based on their offense identity, or is the selection process going to be based on best available within our budget. I don’t have the answers, but it is a reality of what could possibly happen. As each day passes, it gets harder to have faith in Swann and our administration. Lot of this is out of our control and we will find out shortly, but it never had to be this way to begin with!
    Fight On!

ConquerorSC and DaFireMedic like this.
  8. usc88

usc88 Junior Member

Jan 7, 2019
    All in on Kingsbury for he offers the best chance for USC to improve
    Wish all this drama would end
    He has a new system and will have to install it
    It will take a lot of work

9. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I don’t think there’s any question that the reports of several NFL teams’s interest in KK as HC is true, I’ve never doubted it. What I don’t know is what the interest is from Kingsbury’s side and to what degree. We should be careful not to jump to conclusions and read things into it that aren’t there.

Example:

Media article: “Several NFL teams have requested to interview Kingsbury for their HC position.”

This forum’s interpretation: “Kingsbury is planning to interview with several NFL teams for their HC position.”

It’s quite possible that all of the interest is from the NFL teams side, and that KK has no interest in interviewing with those teams at this time.

As to why Kingsbury hasn’t put forth a statement to quell the rumors, I don’t know the reason. It could be that he has interest in interviewing and doesn’t want it known just yet, or it could be that he’d rather remain at USC and that the NFL rule requiring permission from the school gives him an “out” so that he doesn’t have to reject the request himself and burn bridges with the NFL teams. If it’s the latter, he may feel that issuing a public statement right now could burn some bridges.

Regardless, I believe there’ll be something known shortly, maybe as early as today (it’s after midnight where I am). I don’t think they’ll let the rumors fester much longer . But we do need something soon, it needs to be put to rest.

USCTFL and Cyrus like this.
  10. t1104payne

t1104payne Points Member

Jan 7, 2019
    ^This all the way. I’m just as excited as everyone to have him on staff but it’s a foregone conclusion that he is a one and done so kind of a double edged sword here.

ConquerorSC likes this.
  11. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Jan 7, 2019
    You are 1000% spot on Dafiremedic. I purposefully came off my self imposed exodus from this board to let you know that. Im sick and tired of the drama and constant bitching about Helton, it is incessant and is at the point of absurd.
    Your posts have been a breath of fresh air. Thank you.
    Im goin back to just browsing occasionally. But posting very very infrequently if at all.
    Great post

brand56 and DaFireMedic like this.
  12. NorCalTrojan_itul1

NorCalTrojan_itul1 Junior Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Drama much??

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Next time keep your stupid comments to yourself.

ConquerorSC likes this.
  13. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jan 7, 2019
    Just because we don't like the message we shouldn't ridicule the journalist. Of course KK was thinking about it.

14. 101Coast

101Coast Points Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Shit, I must have missed this one...

I heard KK to the Niners. The other "young offensive genius" is there and two is better than one, they say.