Kedon Slovis

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by TaeRiddle, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Kedon Slovis
    TaeRiddle

TaeRiddle Junior Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Pro Football Focus charts the ball placement of every throw in college football, and 57.1% of Slovis's attempts targeted 10-plus yards downfield this season have been deemed to have perfect or near-perfect ball placement. Which is #2 in the entire country behind only Joe Burrow. Gone be very interesting to see what Graham Harrell does (if he's retained as OC if a coaching change happens)

2. TaeRiddle

TaeRiddle Junior Member

Nov 8, 2019
    That comes with time and with growth, with his work ethic I believe it's possible. He will have a whole off-season to access what he need to fix and he still got Kurt helping him. His jump next year could be major.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  3. 4thamp1

4thamp1 Junior Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Slovis also hangs in the pocket to the last split second and delivers with accuracy. He can take a hit and does not have happy feet in the pocket. Very poised. If UM is brought in I hope he does not try to make a runner out of him. Scramble yes, but making him a run-option QB would be a mistake.

TrojanWagon88 and gubo&palanka like this.
  4. KiwiSCfan

KiwiSCfan Points Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Yeah. Different styles (And physiques) but Cardale Jones comes to mind as a stay in the pocket pass first Scramble second QB that UM had great success with. A big nasty O-Line helps that too.

5. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Excellent idea. You would make a great Head Coach. All hands on deck anyone that can help us win. We need them here. Now. Can you imagine Kurt Warner in your living room recruiting you. Wow!!! That would be insane.

This is exactly what Saban does. If you can recruit you're in. You think he needs Kiffin, Sark and Lupoi? No. He can find these guys a dime a dozen but they can all recruit!!!

Ah ha..now you get it !!!

Clancy is a lazy recruiter. Forget him. Mr. Personality. For him it seems like it's a stretch just to smile.

Can Graham Harrell recruit? So far he has not pulled a single 4 or 5 star guy from Texas? That's almost impossible to do. In fact he lost one. 5 star Bryce Young would rather play in Sarks offense. Haha. What?

Who left and USC recruiting fell off dramatically?

Tee Martin.

Recruiting should always be a a major factor in your hires.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Kaptain Karl and gubo&palanka like this.
  6. t1104payne

t1104payne Points Member

Nov 8, 2019
    I could see Urban (if we get him) coming in and possibly getting Bryce Young back into the fold and starting him because he fits his system better or just a dual threat Frosh in general. I’m a big Kedon fan so I hope it wouldn’t play out like that but I could see it.

Hockey10 and gubo&palanka like this.
  7. SC Forever

SC Forever Points Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Maybe he is our best option, but his turnover kills us. Most of his turnovers changed our momentum. He drives 80 yards and throw interception at 5 yard line. He drives another 60 yards and fumbles.

gubo&palanka and Hockey10 like this.
  8. 4thamp1

4thamp1 Junior Member

Nov 8, 2019
    One of the interceptions was caused by a blatant PI not flagged. No excuses but I think he could be a great one. He can fix what needs fixing with good coaching. Remember he is a true freshman. He will mature a lot physically and mentally in the next two years.

Kaptain Karl and gubo&palanka like this.
  9. gubo&palanka

gubo&palanka Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Nov 8, 2019
    Of course you are right. He has made his fair share of mistakes. But with Helton's club (no tackling defense, botched special teams), the QB has to play damn near perfect every week just to give us a chance. That's unfair, a big burden on his young shoulders.

Ladera Trojan, Troy70 and KiwiSCfan like this.
  10. 2blkk

2blkk Junior Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Hey. I'm going to put this on the board

11. SCBirnkrant81

SCBirnkrant81 Junior Member

Nov 8, 2019
    The way Harrell spoke of Slovis before the season started and why Slovis was chosen as the number two on the depth chart was encouraging. JT going down to injury proved Harrell's assessment of what he had in the QB room. If I remember correctly, Harrell mentioned Slovis had to protect the ball better -- INTs -- as the main reason why JT won the competition. The Stanford game followed by BYU proved his points. In time, with enough experience and right coaching ( as I'm chanting in my head URBAN, URBAN, ...) Slovis should have a bright future

gubo&palanka likes this.
  12. Damien

Damien Points Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Bryce Young is 5 10 so unless grows a few inches over the summer, he will not beat out Slovis. DJU, that is a different story we will see but UM is hired, look out.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  13. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Slovis will be a top ten QB next season. If I’m wrong, Arledge has to take five shots of vodka back to back at the end of the 2020 regular season.

14. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Do you think Urban would recruit another short QB after his experience with Tate Martell at OSU? They are about the same HT.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  15. AnArchitect

AnArchitect Points Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Slovis is the real deal.

Harrell will not be retained.

16. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Nov 8, 2019
    What really matters is for Kedon to lower his ball placement percentage into the defenders' hands.

CFB Fan likes this.