It is time for Helton to go. Get a recruiter ASAP!

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Illiad, Nov 12, 2019.

1. It is time for Helton to go. Get a recruiter ASAP!
    Illiad

Illiad Active Member

Nov 12, 2019
    Everyone knows Helton is a lame duck.

The empty seats in the Coliseum know it, the recruits (that are "committed"....temporarily...to other schools) know it. Everyone is waiting for the AD to pull the trigger including Clay himself.

Recruiting is a disaster. With recruiting going disastrously last year, and this year being even worse, it is time to secure our future and get a guy that at the snap of his fingers can still deliver a Top 5 recruiting class this year, and pull in key "free agents" off the transfer portal. (we all know who that guy is)

Hire a new coach to go recruit, BEFORE EARLY SIGNING DAY (Dec 18) and we lose forever the opportunity to keep some 5star guys here in So Cal.

Too many new hire college football coaches FAILED for one simple reason, they remained at their former jobs till the end of the season or Super Bowl before taking their new job, and did not engage in that first recruiting cycle, and it eventually killed them 2-3 years later...I have seen it too many times.

...lets see, there is one coach that isn't too busy now and could recruit a top 5 class in a weekend....hmmmmm, I wonder if he is already making calls?

2. jerald grossman

jerald grossman Points Member

Nov 12, 2019
    I agree with you all the way. Helton needs to go now, not after the season is over.

3. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Nov 12, 2019
    You have 13 days till Christmas. I know it's hard to wait

4. Troy4 me

Troy4 me Points Member

Nov 12, 2019
    Every day, several times in fact, I go through the routine of checking ESPN and this site (hoping for insider intel). Can’t wait to see the “Urban Meyer to save USC” headline!

5. ShePrefersTrojans

ShePrefersTrojans Points Member

Nov 12, 2019

Hahaha me too !

Cardinal&Gold likes this.
  6. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Nov 12, 2019
    Yep, each time hoping to see the first tendrils (rumors) of Helton being let go. Each time feeling a little let down. Then some time later I think ‘maybe now!’ And get on the board only to be disappointed and the cycle starts again. What keeps me going? Is that I know there will be a time I get on the board and will find myself staring at the pot of gold...

Cardinal&Gold and uscjrl98 like this.
  7. SC87

SC87 Points Member

Nov 13, 2019
    I bet Sean McVay would be a great recruiter with his youth and energy. A young coach with his reputation would be a great selling points to high school recruits. He would be a much better college than NFL coach with his offense. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams don't make the playoffs (and they likely will not) if he might consider another SoCal gig with less emphasis on the business side of the game and more fun than the NFL.

8. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Nov 13, 2019
    Tee Martin was the workhorse. Now that he's gone. The recruiting staff got exposed. Nansen is probably the next best recruiter but he's not in the Tee Martin, Coach O, Tosh Lupoi convertion.

Clay Helton does not have a ACE recruiter.

The two coordinators are a recruiting liability. We all know Clancy won't do more than he has to.

Has Graham Harrell even landed 1 recruit from the great State of Texas? Dude even lost a 5 star QB who would rather play in a drunken baffoon (Sark) offense. Has GH even signed 1 guy from anywhere?

Guy's like Gavin are too busy trying to be buddies with these recruits and taking selfies. We need signatures not photos. They just friend him on social media and sign somewhere else.

Burns I don't see a single DB in this class? Why?

Chad K, Devno have been busy but all they have to show for It are lower ranked 3 star OT's and DT's. They struck out on the big name targets, guys like Myles Mauro

A good salesmen could sell you a used truck when you wanted a new car. USC is a private school with a long football history. Why is that so hard to sell?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019