Investigate Larry Scott!

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by trojan9999, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Investigate Larry Scott!
    trojan9999

trojan9999 Junior Member

Sep 7, 2014
    I think its high-time that the conference schools investigate Larry Scott's incompetence with the handling of the Pac-12 network. I nominate Pat Haden to lead up this investigation!

2. 16/56

16/56 Junior Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Agree. Larry Scott seems to be one power-hungry, greedy son-of-a-gun. The PAC 12 Network has essentially tried to extort DirecTV and DirecTV, while they want to provide the PAC 12 Network in the West Coast market, is not having it and I don't blame them. They have practically begged the PAC 12 Network to negotiate in good faith but the Network has effectively told them to pound sand unless they pay such a big price that DirecTV would be forced to charge for it and they don't want to do that to their customers. Maybe AT&T, once the purchase of DirecTV is consummated, will close a deal with them and make the Network available to subscribers. I'm not holding my breath.

3. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Sep 8, 2014
    I agree the media day was below average and he's had 2 years to work a deal TV deal and failed. The guy should be investigated for incompetence. Lack of institutional control.

4. 4uscfighton!

4uscfighton! Junior Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Greg Katz reported that Larry Scott served warm food with a plague of flies on Media Day.
    Can't get that right Larry??? How can you run the Pac-12.

[​IMG]

5. Touchdown for USC

Touchdown for USC Junior Member

Sep 8, 2014
    How many PAC-12 Presidents would vote to dismiss Larry Scott, right now? I suspect not many would boot Scott out on his ear. Without USC the PAC-12 network would not be on the air. The network, and Scott, are freeloading on the USC brand.

6. scottsdaletrojan

scottsdaletrojan Junior Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Part of Larry's job is to "brand" the recently expanded PAC-12 conference and you do that, primarily, through marketing. Not having a TV deal for 3-years and running now on the largest satellite provider in the country is a derelict of duty by Mr. Scott. If anything, ole Larry is hurting the conference by keeping the lowly watched PAC-12 Network in the shadows.

Personally, I would like to see SC tell Mr. Scott to pound sand and go independent like the Domers and BYU. I have no doubt that would get the Commish's full attention.

Fight On & Beat the Eagles!