In memory of Garry Paskwietz

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Greg Katz, Jan 21, 2019.

1. lvtrojan7

lvtrojan7 Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Thanks for everything you did Garry, RIP, fight on forever.

LaissezFaire28thStUSC likes this.
  2. TommyT

TommyT Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Of all the things I want to say -
    Goodbye is not one of them.

RIP, my friend...

3. USCtusk

USCtusk Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Garry, thank you for everything you did for the Trojan Family. I graduated from USC almost 29 years ago, and now live 3000 miles from campus, but reading your work made me feel as if I was still there. Rest in peace.

SC200SC likes this.
  4. djgcue

djgcue Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    I'm shocked! RIP Garry. Fight On Forever, I know you'll be watching SC Football from heaven.

5. SC200SC

SC200SC Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Howea,
    Obviously you have been around a while but do not post. Thank you for doing so at this sad time. I encourage you to post more often as it seems you have good insights.

6. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Wow. This is a shock. My father passed last Wednesday so I've been off the board for a bit. I come back to this. Garry was a great guy, I wish I could have met him in person.

BlueBlood, travyav and DJ4SC like this.
  7. TrojanWarMachine

TrojanWarMachine Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    I can't believe he's gone. Garry is who got me into this whole USC message board thing. He got me to subscribe to wearesc.com my first one, back in 2003. Having seats in the front row of the Thundering Herd Sec.13 for 15 years I talked with him often as he walked by, and saw him at all the big road games we went to. He and JJ are still my favorites and the get together at the bar in Charlottesville, the dinner at Papadakis Taverna after the Auburn beat down will always be a great memories. I never missed the recruiting talks at Brookside. Our family sends our condolences and best wishes to Gary's family, friends and coworkers, rest in peace. GET WELL JJ!

8. Yup All Right

Yup All Right Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    So saddened by this news. WeAreSC was the first USC board I started frequenting when I was a young college student almost ten years ago. It was immediately apparent that Garry was a kind, respectful, and professional journalist whose insight was valued by everyone. He is truly gone too soon. Rest in peace Garry, you will be missed.

9. Rainman44

Rainman44 Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Thanks Greg. I'm sure that wasn't easy for you to communicate.

Like everyone else, I'm shocked and sadden to the bone upon hearing of Garry's passing. I only met Garry once, at a Meet & Greet in NoCal about 3 yrs ago. He was exactly as I had expected him to be - welcoming, friendly, and enjoyable. I was lucky to sit next to him at dinner.

RIP Garry, you'll be missed by many

10. Love4USC

Love4USC Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Wow, that is tragic news. Garry you created a special community and place for all of us to gather and share in our passion together. I am so sorry you are gone and my hope is that your friends and family can get through this difficult time. You are missed.

11. Akame

Akame Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    I am in utter shock. So sad. R.I.P Garry.

12. Ventura Trojan

Ventura Trojan Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    I’m so sorry for everyone’s loss. I wish I had the chance to meet him.

13. einibobo

einibobo Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    I am as all of Trojan nation, saddened and devastated by the passing of our dear friend, Trojan guru, and father of USC football internet sites, Gary P. As I continue reading testimonials after testimonials, I realized I don’t know much about Gary the person. Was he married? Kids? Was he a native Californian? Will there a memorial service? etc. Fight On brother.

14. Tiga

Tiga Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Was very sad to hear about Gary leaving us too soon. I forgot my password and had to re-register but posted here a lot as lsutiga. Gary, as well as many of you, treated me well.

Fight On!

15. Donscfan

Donscfan Member

Jan 22, 2019
    I had the pleasure of meeting Gary at the first football practice of the 2017 season. He gave a brief talk on the players to look for in the upcoming season. In the ten minutes he talked, I saw the passion, joy, love, and excitement he had for the football program. You can’t fake what he had and the genuineness of how much he loved his work was truly evident. Reading the various posts, you realize what an awesome dude Gary was. Thanks Gary...the Trojan family will miss you...

16. LaissezFaire28thStUSC

LaissezFaire28thStUSC Junior Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Garry loved to talk about USC football to friends and strangers alike. I'll remember his enthusiasm for the mutual interest of everyone posting here: USC football

17. SoCalLifer

SoCalLifer Junior Member

Jan 23, 2019
    I am truly saddened by the news of Garry's passing, and I have never met the man. I first learned of Garry back in 2003. My dad had all this inside information on USC football, and I asked him where he was getting it from. He said he looks at USC message boards, and looks for one particular poster named Garry, but he couldn't remember the last name, but it began with P. I knew nothing about message boards at the time, but I began to look at them. Sure enough, at the WeAreSC site, I found posts started by Garry P. I have followed him ever since, because I know whatever he said was true! The Trojan Family has lost a great one, I'm sure my dad has already looked him up.

18. ssk121

ssk121 Junior Member

Jan 23, 2019
    Such shocking and sad news. Thank you GP, God bless.

19. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Jan 23, 2019
    Good to see you again Tiga, even though it's due to a sad occasion.

And you are welcome for coach O.

Tiga, DJ4SC and CrownoftheValley like this.