I'm In for ONE more year

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by LDIABootney, Dec 6, 2019.

1. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Dec 7, 2019
    He will start JT. He has to because he promised JT and his dad the starting job for committing early. This really is pretty common knowledge around the team. Heltons excuse and the suckers will buy it. Starters do not lose their job because of injury. I half expect Kedon to follow Harrell wherever Harrell goes. Recall JT is Heltons guy. Kedon is Harrell’s guy. We all know how this will turn out

August West likes this.
  2. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Dec 7, 2019

3. LDIABootney

LDIABootney Junior Member

Dec 7, 2019
    Fuck Off Jackass

4. SonofGodzilla

SonofGodzilla Points Member

Dec 7, 2019
    Kind of like a live train wreck Boselli ? Brutal but can't not watch it .

Boselli likes this.
  5. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Dec 7, 2019
    didn't we put those two players out of those games ? That's not a random act of misfortune if so.

Also, Utah put Slovis out of the game early and we still beat them.

I would prefer not to see the injury excuses in either direction, but it is not in any case valid to say USC benefited more from injuries than it lost. I have posted the injury reports on a few of the games during the season. We had 3-4 times as many players out than Utah did when we played them.

bell likes this.
  6. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Dec 7, 2019
    bur are you convinced Helton will lead SC to the CFP or even another PAC title?

7. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Dec 7, 2019
    Had a chance to attend one of the games in a suite this past season...you have a couple of misconceptions...though perhaps not game changing ones...
    • I didn't see blue cheese (doesn't mean they didn't have it somewhere though I suppose). There was crab however--very tasty.
    • Not sure they had any Pinot at all (that's spelled with a t by the way) at least not at the regular bars. Although that too is possible, I just saw the labels of the first two and gave up immediately.
    • The wine was not really very good at all, which surprised me frankly, but if you do have a suite you can bring your own wine in...so there is that. I stuck with beer, because that selection was quite good.
    • More importantly, the cross section of fans watching the game did not appear much different from anywhere else in the coliseum from what I observed. About the same percentages of knowledgeable and oblivious fans as in the cheap seats...well actually there aren't any cheap seats anymore and that's part of the problem in attendance I think.
    They need to sell those seats up in the peristyle corners for $20 and get the place rocking again. Opening up the beer sales everywhere in the stadium again would probably not be a bad idea either. Bump up security and if people can't handle their alcohol, then kick them out...but don't ruin it for everyone.

8. USCAlumFightOn

USCAlumFightOn Junior Member

Dec 7, 2019
    If Slovis is healthy then he's starting

sctrojan2006 likes this.
  9. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Dec 7, 2019
    I agree. Texas Tech couldn't ask for a better starting QB than Kedon Slovis, once Graham Harrell goes home and Slovis transfers to be with him.

Meanwhile, Clay Helton will have another love of his life throwing picks, taking sacks, but dammit, PLAYING LIKE A WARRIOR!! for USC!

10. USCAlumFightOn

USCAlumFightOn Junior Member

Dec 7, 2019
    What's Harrell doing at Texas tech

11. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Dec 7, 2019
    Was making joke, no?

Slovis is clearly a special player, and everyone who saw him play this year knows it SHOULD be his job to lose, that Daniels may have been Wally Pipp'ed, and would have to be spectacular in spring and fall camp to reclaim the #1QB spot.

HOWEVER - Clay being Clay might just reinstall Daniels as the starter, no questions asked, since "nobody loses their starting spot due to injury."