Herbstreit is a wuss.

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by KANDI11, Sep 5, 2020.

1. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Sep 5, 2020
    Troybill comparing CVs with Bartbler would be like the Mayor comparing military careers with NPD

2. reTiredEngr

reTiredEngr Junior Member

Sep 5, 2020
    I wasn't in the military like TroyBill but I have had to live in different countries under various governments and among people and societies that you probably never heard of. I am normally calm and well-centered but if there is anything that makes me angry, it is that there are people like you who don't know how good you have it here in this country. You and your friends would not last long in many other countries.

I am beginning to suspect that you and GaryB are the same person; you both think you are smarter than you are but in reality you are not worthy to be in the company of many on this board.

3. Kindred

Kindred Junior Member

Sep 5, 2020
    Bachelors in Business
    Associate Degree
    Dive Master
    Dive Medical Technician (Hyperbaric chamber operations)
    Paramedic
    Static line and Free Fall Jumpmaster

countries visited:
    Australia
    Austria
    Belgium
    Bermuda
    Canada
    Crete
    Egypt
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Iceland
    Ireland
    Italy
    Japan
    Kuwait
    Luxembourg
    Mexico
    New Zealand
    Panama
    The Azores (Portugal)
    Monaco
    Morocco
    Netherlands
    S Korea
    Saudi Arabia
    Spain
    Trinidad Tobago
    Turkey
    UK to include Scotland and Whales
    Venezeula

And every state in the Union

I feel pretty good about putting my travels and education against most people.

4. August West

August West Points Member

Sep 6, 2020
    That’s a great career/life right there!
    Congrats!

FIGHTONSC likes this.
  5. Trojan YAF

Trojan YAF Points Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Meanwhile, Art Schlichter, Herbstreit's predecessor as Ohio State quarterback, was released from a federal penitentiary last month where he completed an eight-year sentence for fraud. He is now in an Ohio prison to finish a concurrent sentence on state charges.

6. tommytrojan1122

tommytrojan1122 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    He works for ESPN. What did you expect?

7. contracostatrojan

contracostatrojan Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Always liked Herbie and thought he was a real professional. His emotions were over the top and I thought it was ridiculous. I don't disagree that as a society we should do better, but I'm waiting for anyone to address the violence first. Clamp down on that and then come to the table and talk abut solutions.

ca4usc and Troianus Acies like this.
  8. Ricky Bell 42

Ricky Bell 42 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Sorry the black community has issues. The biggest is intact families.fix that and most problems are solved. Tons of minority communities have raised up out of poverty. You won't do it without family structure, AND BLM is against it.

9. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Typical white privilege...;)

10. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020

I’m actually waiting for anyone to address the criminal behaviors of these so called martyrs. The more time that’s gone by the more has come out about Floyd. He didn’t deserve to die but he’s not innocent either and there’s been a lot of people’s lives destroyed over him since.

Troianus Acies and SCBIGTIME like this.
  11. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Funny how that criticism sounded a lot better back when USC really was a school. Nevertheless, it's criticism that's still valid.

DJ4SC, SCBIGTIME and Troianus Acies like this.
  12. TrojanMoondoggie

TrojanMoondoggie Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Has this guy been a social justice warrior his whole life, or is this just another opportunistic moment of 2020 to make yourself look good? If it's the former, fine for him. If he was out there, taking a pass on fraternity parties and living the life of a star quarterback for his football team, and was instead raising the flag for social awareness and his fellow players who were black when he was in school, then good for him. He's worth listening to.
    If he wasn't, well suddenly jumping on the 2020 bandwagon and becoming a mouthpiece because it's the thing to do, is just a little too disingenuous for me. Because you know that blacks were having run-ins with LEOs even in the years he was playing football. And some were probably even getting shot. Just like white people were/are when they have their run-ins with the cops.
    Where was his outrage, and his tears, then?
    Unfortunately the year 2020 has been the year for stories of black citizens being shot by white cops posted at every opportunity.
    Were all of them justified shootings, or killings? With GF it doesn't look good for the cop. Especially in light of all the other episodes he has had in his career.
    But some of these others? Not as cut and dry as many want you to believe.
    The Ferguson story occurred several years ago now, but it's just one that you still hear mentioned. And you shouldn't. There was no racist element involved in that exchange. That was proven, so quit mentioning it.
    The black person who died in the back of the van in Baltimore, it was a black LEO driving the van. No racism there.
    Again, GF? Okay....that doesn't look good for the cop, and he very well could face consequences for that.
    The guy with the taser? Again, resisting arrest. We're not talking about a guy putting his hands on the steering wheel and complying with the officer. So highly questionable when it comes to attempting to cry racism on that one. Did he deserve to be shot? Well, that's open for debate, with some responding emotionally to the story, and others saying that it was justified based on what occurred.
    The Jacob guy. Same thing.
    Put your hands where the officers tell you to. Don't walk/run away from an officer. Don't pull a taser. Don't reach into your car (the video someone played on another thread is a perfect example of why you should't do that).
    These tears by the Herbstreits of this country are all based on these stories?
    You remove the resisting arrest and pulling weapons stories, false accusations of racism (Ferguson), and a black LEO being at the wheel when the black victim died in the back of the van being driven by said LEO in Baltimore from your narrative, there really aren't as many stories left to talk about. There are a few, including the GF story. But there are also quite a few that are not so innocent.
    Now does this mean racism doesn't exist? No. Does this mean these stories involving LEOs shouldn't be dissected? No.
    But when you consider that this country is being burned down this year, supposedly based on these stories, it's a little troubling.
    If you want to truly shed tears over injustice, see the Emmett Till story. Read about the Scottsboro Boys. And we know there are other stories that follow in that narrative. Disgusting and extremely sad.
    Citing citizens who resist arrest and pull tasers, and then adding a few stories where racism wasn't proven to be valid, just to push a narrative, is irresponsible, and only serves to hurt those who truly are victims of racism.

13. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Not bad but have you ever been to West Covina?

holt7153 and August West like this.
  14. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    And did you ever own slaves?

SCBIGTIME likes this.
  15. August West

August West Points Member

Sep 6, 2020
    I got high in Glendora a lot.

That count?

16. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    My kids seem to think they own slaves.

901 Club and SCBIGTIME like this.
  17. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Glad to see you have finally developed some introspective. Good for you.

18. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Sep 6, 2020

ESPN = Disney = Satanic Pedos

Ricky Bell 42 likes this.
  19. Trojan YAF

Trojan YAF Points Member

Sep 6, 2020
    I have. I've also been to Kingsburg and Manteca.