Furd students asking for tuition reduction

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Troy70, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Furd students asking for tuition reduction
    Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Mar 31, 2020
    Are a few actually paying? Lol. Think SC students deserve a cut in tuition. My cousin’s kid started January as transfer, what karma

2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Mar 31, 2020
    Private schools are in a different category but in general I don't advocate for a tuition cut. If that's what they want, then they shouldn't get the credit. Geebus, these kids were smart enough to get into a great school, how can they be so challenged that they can't figure out how to gain the full value of what is available? Tuition isn't an on-time fee for what happens in the classroom. I think schools should give partial refunds for fees like housing and meal plans but not tuition.

3. trojan9999

trojan9999 Junior Member

Mar 31, 2020
    Kids look for angles all the time. My daughters school had kids petitioning for pass/fail grades this semester, and tuition breaks. There’s no chance of a tuition break. This whole event put the (public) school in a huge financial hole.

4. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Same regarding P/F. There were a couple petitions at my daughter's school, and my daughter declined to sign. One for 'regular' students and one for law school students. Both got the thumbs down this morning from the governing university system in that state. The phrase I liked the most when saying no?

"In times of adversity, we should reach higher, not lower".

5. contracostatrojan

contracostatrojan Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
    There was a Facebook post about an SC student who wanted her money back from her spring semester classes because she now to take them on-line instead of in person. The responses to her plea were appropriately brutal.

6. redondob

redondob Junior Member

Apr 1, 2020
    What is SC doing about payments for unavailable dorm rooms and advance food plan payments?
    I can see the logic on not refunding tuition since you are being given an alternative. However, I think we should refund room and board if unavailable.