Deontay Burnett catching passes from Sam again

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by CrownoftheValley, Oct 28, 2018.

2. listen2menow&hearmelater

listen2menow&hearmelater Junior Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Sam's receiving corps is decimated by injuries. Deontay stepped up today as his leading receiver against a tough Chicago defense.

3. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Oct 28, 2018
    ...but but but Flyfakingtrojan said Deontay couldn't play in the NFL and was "out of the league"

Wrong again...

Trojans2015 and CrownoftheValley like this.
  4. priam7

priam7 Junior Member

Oct 29, 2018
    The Jets Receiving unit is in shambles ......Burnett is not track fast but he is quick and runs great routes.If the ball is on him will catch it......I am glad to see him get a shot...The also signed Matthews but he had no catches ......Sam has Kearse and the TE Hendron but other then that no weapons. The just lost their leading rusher (Powell)......It will be rough...!

5. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Oct 29, 2018
    The good news is that the Jets have lots of money for free agent signings in the off season. Hopefully they can get some real good talent to help Sam out next year. They really need a more consistent running game.

6. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Remind me of the Jets record and then the score in that game vs the Bears? Remind me of how many guys got hurt to get him in the lineup?

7. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Oct 29, 2018
    Not trying to fight with you, because you and I have always gotten along, but that argument isn’t holding water if you did say that he would never play in the league. The results of the game don’t matter, if he in fact did play in it, because right now there are 100 WR’s who are free agents, barely hanging on with some bush league team, or gave up and are playing in Canada who the Jets could have had instead of him.

It’s ok to be wrong once in awhile you know.

I’m happy to admit I was completely wrong about two former Trojan players Rhett Ellison and Wes Horton. I was on record as saying they were both a waste of a scholarship and would never play in the NFL, but they proved me wrong.

Deonte proved you wrong, at least for one week. It’s not the end of the world.

Trojans2015 and Ride Fly like this.