Darnell Washington TE from Vegas

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by Scalum76, May 13, 2019.

2. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    May 13, 2019
    Washington is a phenomenal athlete and a guy who could be a true difference maker as a tight end. When I spoke to him earlier this spring, he didn't really mention USC as a school that was recruiting him hard. I don't think he has spent much time thinking about the recruiting process and seems like a guy who might get pushed to go somewhere by outside forces. But that was just my read after one meeting and talking to a couple people.

Pudly76 likes this.
  3. Scalum76

Scalum76 Junior Member

May 13, 2019
    Thanks Erik, wish the coaches would go after him. but I am sure they know what they are doing and have a plan, backup etc.

4. Scalum76

Scalum76 Junior Member

May 14, 2019
    SC should be all over this kid, he's smart, hard working, honest and looks like SC would be a good fit, his parents could attend games easily enough. Go after him coaches, put on a full court press, it won't hurt, but being low key might let the eastern powers establish themselves and SC find they are left behind.

5. Coeur

Coeur Points Member

May 17, 2019
    Yeah I can see why the coaches aren't going all out for him. He's too talented.

Prob catching passes from DJ at Clemson in a few years.

They're going to back off Flowe right?

Kaptain Karl likes this.
  6. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

May 17, 2019
    As long as the background checks out, I don’t understand why we simply “pass” on certain prospects that you can clearly see are talented.
    Outside or academic/personal issues, we need to try and rebuild a fence around everything West of Texas.
    Prospects don’t want to play for programs that don’t win, but in order to win you need to have talented prospects. (Coaching/scheme/player development & strength and conditioning also factor in once you land them as we all know).

You have higher priorities at the position? So what you recruit him hard because you can strike out on the other prospects.
    I don’t understand what HCCH and his staff are doing sometimes..

7. FightOn4Eva

FightOn4Eva Points Member

May 18, 2019
    Honestly, I would Love to have this kid