Clueless

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by xuscx, Jul 22, 2020.

1. August West

August West Points Member

Jul 26, 2020
    You’re a lying sack of shit.

Ricky Bell 42 and old scotty like this.
  2. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Compton wasn’t the only town affected by the freeway. The whole goal of the 105 was connectivity to the airport and coast you fucking idiot. If you want to read about racist city planners then read about Robert Moses.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  3. August West

Jul 26, 2020
    He’s a fucking moron. 105 was buikt to connect 605 and the east to LAX. It has nothing to do with Beverly fucking Hills. He’s a lying sack of shit.

old scotty likes this.
  4. reTiredEngr

reTiredEngr Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    First you argue:
    Then you come up with this:
    Anything to try to support your racist stand. BTW, which "City Planners" are you referring to?

5. Ricky Bell 42

Ricky Bell 42 Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    What a toad. What about the 710. That would have brought in tons of money to those communities, but the residences blocked it successfully . That is just life

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  6. August West

Jul 26, 2020
    FIFY

Ricky Bell 42 likes this.
  7. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Michael Harrington was clearly as big a dumbass as you. Impervious to hope? Not in this country. The only mental prisons in this country are those of one's own making and those made by the left and their system of government oppression.

It's not racism to talk in generalities when the very conversation is about collective wholes. To say it is is dishonestly manipulative. It's being a fucking dick. But then, that's your style and that's what you are, so no one should be surprised.

Folks, komrade GaryB is a troll. A casual, lazy, dumbassed troll, who sometimes forgets his true nature, but a troll, nonetheless. And he's tolling all of us in this thread. It's threads like this where his true inner asshole really comes out.

Fuck off and die, komrade. Fuck you and everybody who even looks like you.

8. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Thank you for correcting my shortcut, it wasn't the City-Planners. I'll use DOT.

If you plan to label someone as racist, you should start with the Federal Judge that ruled in favor of the residents. As he stated:
    "They put the freeways where the resistance and the power was the weakest, and now we have the biggest intersection in the world where a lot of black families used to live."

I'm not sure why that is racist. Maybe you should join the other Under50IQ and write Fuck you?

9. Trojan YAF

Trojan YAF Points Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Back in the sixties, there was a serious proposal for a Beverly Hills Freeway that would run down Santa Monica Blvd. connecting the Hollywood Freeway with the San Diego Freeway. However, a Democrat state legislator and later Congressman named Anthony Beilenson successfully blocked the proposed freeway, to the consternation of commuters.

10. reTiredEngr

reTiredEngr Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    I don't remember ever saying "F you" to anyone in my life and you certainly are not going to goad me into making you the first.

You made this discussion into a racist one when you said "I gave you an example of systemic racism. HWY 105 was delayed for almost 50 years. The low income predominantly black area was ignored while resources were diverted to fund the development of the suburbs." I merely presented the facts and corrected what you said about the 105 Freeway. You are twisting yourself into a pretzel trying to use the construction of 105 as "an example of systemic racism".

You are getting frustrated because we are not letting you distort the facts to suit your argument, unlike your modelling programs where you can change your variables to support whatever result you want.

BTW, do some historical research and let me know which communities grew and flourished more - the ones along major transportation (water or land) routes or the ones off the beaten path.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  11. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    FIFY

DJ4SC and TheRealAirbns like this.
  12. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    You've been given evidence contradicting the economic theory - the whole bit about marriage and labor participation rates in the early 20th century that's come up maybe two dozen times over the years. At best, economics are merely a trigger of cultural choices previously made.

I didn't see a claim that it's genes, but it's not that, either, because US blacks have different documented behavior patterns than non-US blacks.

It's culture. Choices, in other word(s).

13. Area51Trojan

Area51Trojan Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    My parents first house in a unincorporated part of LA was bought for the 105 before moving to El Sugundo. I hardly considered that the " inner-city" it was 1 lousy block from the Los Angeles Air Force Station. As usual, you're a fucking idiot.

14. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    I wasn't trying to goad you. I was referencing the other posts.

I didn't make the discussion into a racist one. The discussion was about systemic racism; and I am providing an example that was validated by the courts. It is discussed in detail in David Hodge, The Geography of Urban Transportation.

I don't understand your argument. We have 25,000 displaced families and decline in value for the families remaining in the shadow of the freeway and somehow it is a cultural problem? The families that are offered "fair value" for their properties have the choice of simply moving to another similar area?

Fair Value isn't market value and the idea that the inner city families can uproot and move to more affluent suburban areas has proven to not be the case (Source: White Men’s Roads Through Black Men’s Homes ). Instead, the crowded conditions in the inner city become more crowded and a systemic problem worsens.

The flip side of constructing transportation corridors to suburban areas is it further segregates the inner cities. Originally, the 105 was designed to go from San Bernardino to LAX, in support of "White Flight" and the segregation of races and classes. The Federal Court ruling changed the length of the freeway and introduced light public transportation via the center median for the freeway in an effort to provide utility to the poor areas being impacted.

This thread certain illustrates the complexity of the BLM movement. If people don't believe that systemic racism exists, it is much more difficult for BLM to make progress in the areas of justice, redlining, education, healthcare, transportation, and poverty.

15. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Thanks for the reminder:

[​IMG]