Climate change catastrophe?

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by ScoobyTrojan32, Oct 7, 2018.

1. ScoobyTrojan32

ScoobyTrojan32 Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    I didn't attack your person I referenced your argument and knowledge base. I didn't call you stupid, a dickhead or say fuck you.

2. SoCal93

SoCal93 Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    And likened it to incompetence to participate in the discussion. Yes it was personal. So screw you.

3. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    I'ma have to go with SoCal on this one. Your response to him was arrogant, personal, and dickish. It resembles comments made by dirty butt-whores of the MS-13 gang, as well as institutionalized, brain-damaged drooling idiots who accidentally trip and fall backside-first onto a keyboard.

Please note, though, that I'm only attacking your statement, not you.

SCBIGTIME and SoCal93 like this.
  4. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Real - You're wrong! The first climate model became operational over 50 years ago. The model was written by two scientists Syukuro Manabe and Richard T. Wetherald and is still in use. The model accurately predicted the global warming that has occurred over its life.

(https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/1520-0469%281967%29024%3C0241%3ATEOTAW%3E2.0.CO%3B2)

General Circulation models, which are used for climate modeling, have existed since the 1890s. The first computerized General Circulation model was written by Norman Phillip in 1956.

The reason that Scientists so overwhelmingly back the fossil fuel theories is because of the time that has elapsed since the models began accurately tracking climate change, coupled with their ability to "hindcast" prior climate trends.

You sound like the idiot with his dinosaur and renewable oil claims.

5. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018

So in other words.....he’s right.

As soon as you attack you’re wrong and you know it. Did it take you a whole day to come up with that weak link of yours?

Studies have been going on for over a hundred years.

Like I said yesterday, stick to learning about economies and business 101.

6. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    To clarify, "fossil fuels" is a misnomer. Oil and gas are from decayed biomatter that didn't fossilize. Under constant pressure, time, and a consistent temperature the kerogens in the biomatter essentially "crack" to form the crude. The crude and gas then rise and are contained in oil traps of the area geology formed by faulting. Then the crude is extracted using drilling and capture methods. At no time did the biomatter fossilize. Hence, the material we burn called oil and gas is not really a "fossil fuel"

FYI ; )