Can we be philosophical for a moment?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by KeenObserver, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Can we be philosophical for a moment?
    KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Sep 16, 2017
    For those of you that really wanted to extract revenge on Texas, this wasn't a bad way to do it. Sure nothing changes the game that shall not be named but what would the die hard Texas fan take away from today if we won 45-14? Nothing. It would have been expected. But to score with a 19 second drive, a 45 second drive. To get a fumble at the 3 yard line and win with a walk on kicker splitting the uprights. We took all the crazy uplifted spirits of UT fans and put them in the dust. And for collateral damage the guttie fans kicked a few TVs themselves.

Sam Darnold stole Tom Hermans national we are back speech and ended his mythical winning streak against good teams.

Personally I don't give a sit about that but I bet Matthew McConoughy wished for a less tortuous result.

Darnold is an assassin.

oajr01, youngdna, in2nation and 9 others like this.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Sep 16, 2017
    I agree. This hurts the horn fans more than a lopsided win.

3. PickSicx

PickSicx Junior Member

Sep 16, 2017
    I know I'm emotionally wrecked after this game, and we won. I've still got a headache, an hour and 2 tylenol later. So I can't imagine how wrecked the Texas fans must be.

As we all remember, these are the kinds of losses that stick with you for a long long time.

oajr01, youngdna, in2nation and 4 others like this.
  4. AtownSC

AtownSC Points Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Great phil oberservation, totally true and I'll take the W.

Can't help but feel the road to the CFP won't be as easy as once thought, especially as I'm watching SDSU giving Furd a tough game.

5. billtrojan

billtrojan Junior Member

Sep 16, 2017
    It was a no lose situation for texas, no one expected them to win. But yes to be that close and give it away on turnovers, it must hurt

6. bremillard

bremillard Junior Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Absolutely. We got lucky to win the same way Texas did so many years ago. I wanted a stomping. Yes there is some truth that this one may have hurt the UT fans more but in the polls and for others watching the Trojans just looked like a team that got lucky.

7. KeenObserver

Sep 16, 2017
    Furd was in the same fight we were last week. That was a very physical game.

8. CrownoftheValley

CrownoftheValley Junior Member

Sep 16, 2017
    What I liked most was Vince thought they did it again... beta us at the end of the game.
    Only to have us come back and snatch it back out of their QB's hands.
    BTW Great game by Christian Rector to fill in for Rasheem.

and guess what... WE HAVE A FIELD GOAL KICKER!.

TrojanWarMachine likes this.
  9. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Sep 16, 2017
    I have a bunch of buddies who are UT alums. They feel pretty good about this loss and I dare say better than a lot of SC alums do about this squeaker win. A win is better than a loss certainly, but some Texans feel they are improving and I am not sure we can say that YET about SC.

10. KeenObserver

Sep 16, 2017
    Cause you suck and are a notorious Debbie Downer

11. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Personally, I feel we turned a corner with this game. Our defense played some solid ball with an obvious mismatch in coverage between Biggie and Johnson and some key injuries in the front seven, and they kept us in the game. Offensively they struggled but found a way to fight through until the end and rally some drives we have not seen since Lienart was commanding the Cardinal and Gold offense. The last drive of the first half and the last drive of the 2nd half getting to tie it up showed there is no quit in this team. This was the type of blue collar win that will pay dividends down the road. Proud of these guys, they never quit, and demonstrated what it means to Fight On! Its a great day to be a Trojan.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  12. dacoontz

dacoontz Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    No, no, no. This is the kind of game that if you end up on the losing side you begin the slow process of neurological demise that leads to dementia. Did you see Hermster's press conference, it was all he could do to not lose his composure. He had the classic clinical flat affect and mindless stare. The guy needs an EEG to make sure he hasn't suffered some serious permanent neurological damage after this bipolar, psychosis inducing game.

PickSicx likes this.
  13. reaLchaZZZy

reaLchaZZZy Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    ^^This^^
    I need a day for my blood pressure to return to normal. ✌

14. KeenObserver

Sep 17, 2017
    Fuck 'im

SCBIGTIME likes this.
  15. TrojanWarMachine

TrojanWarMachine Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Watched his whole presser and he had ZERO props for USC, he couldn't even say USC, Trojans, or mention Sam or any of our guys. It was all about them, and the woulda, shoulda, coulda thing, and how his guys lost it, like they were playing solitare.

16. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    So...their team goes from 400+ yards rushing to 68 yards and that's "improving" Sounds like USC's run defense is improving having been ranked 106th...
    Happy about a loss? You gotta be shittin' me. We are never happy about a loss. Texas buddies are rather backwards being happy about losing...1-2 now.

You just enjoy being Señor neg, dontcha?

TrojanLore and DaFireMedic like this.
  17. dacoontz

dacoontz Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    You see, the guys delusional episodes are already starting. Poor fella, I hope he can get some help. :)

18. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    C'mon guys...this is nowhere near revenge for that loss. I'll bet true Texas fans could care less about it. They knew they were going to lose, only they didn't know their team would be in it.

This was a game that our guys never looked at as revenge either if I'm to believe the reports on our players.

19. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I wasn't looking at it as "revenge" either. To go through the last 11 years concerned about that one game is to give another fan base an 11 year hold on me, which I won't do. I've had UT fans try to bring it up, but it doesn't matter, because the fact is that they played a good game 11 yrs ago (both teams did), but if they'd have played the 2004 USC team, they'd have been stomped just like Oklahoma.

Some see the game tonight as revenge, and that's fine. But for me, tonights game was another game against a traditional football power. The win is great, especially when the issue was in serious doubt, but we don't need any vindication.

Shooter likes this.