California to increase income taxes?

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by flyfishintrojan, Aug 1, 2020 at 4:24 AM.

2. August West

August West Points Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 4:37 AM
    Gotta pay to play.

Itll all implode when prop 13 is reversed, and make mo mistake, that will happen( in stages)....there’s simply too much money available simply raising the rate 1%. Elite politicians have no idea what a devastating effect that has downstream. But what Gimmedat has ever possessed the ability to add or subtract?

DaFireMedic likes this.
  3. FIGHTONSC

FIGHTONSC Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Aug 1, 2020 at 5:07 AM
    “California’s highest marginal rate is 13.3 percent. By some estimates, the new tax rates could raise the highest combined federal and state rates to 54 percent.”

Isn’t that nice? You work your ass off and the feds and the State of California get more of your paycheck than you do.

California, say goodbye to your high salary wage earners. You just gave them eviction notices if you know it or not!

4. TroyBill

TroyBill Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 8:11 AM
    If they do this and repeal prop 13 CA the exodus will increase 10 fold. The democratically controlled state will try to squeeze taxes out of the residents. I have come from out of state occasionally to teach and have taught at USC and they hit me big with the income tax despite the fact that I live out of state. When you teach at any of the schools doing CME/CEUs they take their pound of flesh from your honorarium.

Pile all of their taxes on (and will trickle down) and many people will not be able to afford to live there anymore.

5. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:21 PM
    The democrats(who run this one party state) are completely beholden to the public sector unions. Soon there will be no middle class in California. I can't wait to leave.

6. LaissezFaire28thStUSC

LaissezFaire28thStUSC Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 9:32 PM
    The weather in coastal Southern California is the best weather in the world year around. To bad liberals are destroying the state.

jiordone and FIGHTONSC like this.
  7. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 10:54 PM

https://noonprop15.org/california-assessors-association-announces-opposition-to-largest-property-tax-increase-in-state-history/

FIGHTONSC likes this.
  8. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Aug 1, 2020 at 11:18 PM
    While the Dems have always pushed the “tax and spend” agenda, they are particularly motivated right now to keep the economy hamstrung in order to keep people miserable so they can blame it on Trump.

FIGHTONSC likes this.
  9. August West

Aug 2, 2020 at 4:57 AM
    That’s the only reason people stay.....don’t get me wrong, it is nice, but weather is not on my list of concerns.

FIGHTONSC likes this.
  10. FIGHTONSC

FIGHTONSC Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Aug 2, 2020 at 5:41 AM
    My wife and I after 6 years in Idaho actually prefer the four seasons this state offers versus the two seasons California offers. Don’t miss the summer heat at all and love getting a little snow around Christmas time.

August West likes this.
  11. August West

Aug 2, 2020 at 7:34 AM
    I completely agree! There is nothing more volatile than Texas weather. We get the four seasons here too, plus a few degrees ;). They say down here, if you don’t like the weather, just wait 15 minutes! I definitely have to check the radar before playing golf or riding the motorcycle.

FIGHTONSC likes this.