Bubba Bolden

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by SCball14, Aug 30, 2018.

1. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    God damn auto correct.

prescottbear likes this.
  2. TrojanInSF

TrojanInSF Points Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Will wait for all the facts to come out before I pass judgment, but sounds like a serious blunder on Bubba's part. Kids simply need to be smarter.

However, barring a truly serious offense (battery, DV, etc.) I am a proponent of these kids getting a second chance, provided that they truly earn it. It's bigger than football - these kids are at a crossroads, and the chance to rejoin the university/team, get the help they need, and graduate puts them on a much more prosperous path then kicking them out of school.

Couldn't give a damn if he ever suits up for the Trojans again, I just hope this isn't a life-altering situation for the kid like we've seen before (Osa Masina, Bryce Dixon, etc.)

FTFO/USC likes this.
  3. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Weren’t they at a crossroads when they were handed a scholarship for an education at a nationally recognized university?

4. STRECKERmemo

STRECKERmemo Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    “Handed a scholarship”? Don’t you mean “worked at their craft since pop warner days and earned an athletic scholarship based on their own abilities (which football brings in millions to the university). If the details coming out are accurate, give the young man a three game suspension (i.e. The Ohio State University) and be done with it. Very intersting right after Bubba was named the starter and before the first game of the year. Recalling my undergrad days, I certainly can remember getting into a verbal argument with my college girlfriend at the time in the student apartments, thank God it wasn’t the era of #metoo...I probably would have been accused of “terroriat threats” and expelled from school. Surely there has to be an attempt in utilize restorative practices at these prestigous universities. Someone call Al Pacino (Scent of a Woman) to Bolden’s rescue.

reaLchaZZZy likes this.
  5. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018

Yes "handed". Its a fricking game.

PickSicx likes this.
  6. User1234

User1234 Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Sounds like we actually don't have a case here. Some [I'll just leave it as women rather than referring to them by their anatomy] got together and picked a verbal fight with him and got upset at his words back to them and called the Title IX coordinator - much earlier this year. SO WTF are they just raising this crap as of yeserday???? I WANT NAMES! no more anonymous drive by shit!

oc trojan likes this.
  7. User1234

User1234 Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    There is plenty of evidence that Title IX is in fact being used as a weapon in this case.

oc trojan likes this.
  8. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Fact is Title IX works. Unfortunately, dudes be doing a lot of bullshit...though it can't be UN-agrued that it hasn't or will not be used to target someone.

9. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    This isn’t in the same universe as those two

10. STRECKERmemo

Sep 1, 2018
    A game that brings in millions of dollars and that posters each year spend untold hours discussing. In addition, a game that provide the opportunity for the fortunate ones to take care of their families as we spend large sums of loot on game tickets, team apparel and cable sports packages to watch. Yes it is a game.

11. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Wow, arguing, shouting, yelling over disputes in college.....or whatever.....astounding news.

What’s with the big investigation? Come right out and say what happened. Slap his head, suspend him a couple of games. What do all the nannies want.....lose a year of eligibility, throw him in jail, kick him out of school? Sheesh....sounds like a lot of over reaction to anything that goes male vs. female.

Our President does this every day.....and he’s MAGA. Yeah, yeah, yeah......relax, Dems....it’s a joke.

Kinda. ;-)

oc trojan likes this.
  12. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    What do we have specifically? Tell me. Using a part of the female anatomy to refer to a woman isn't much different than making a reference to it. If you think you are looking the gentleman here....no.

So in your mind a bunch of female students got together and just decided to pick a fight with Bubba.

Strange you want names. I thought you were good with just using anatomical descriptions.
    Can you link to the evidence?

AnArchitect likes this.
  13. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018

So what?
    They are getting 250K+ an education for their troubles.

If they play their cards right and Handel themselves right they can make millions later on.....from....a....game.

Stop acting like somehow they’re being taken advantage of. They have more opportunities than most.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  14. usc88

usc88 Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Bubba is lucky to have God given talent to play a game he loves.
    But that doesn't give him the right to disrespect others.
    At that age, probably felt the same way but without the talent.
    For his sake and those of others hope things work out.

15. STRECKERmemo

Sep 1, 2018
    You missed the point. However, based on your analysis (or lack thereof), the players are only seen as recipients of a “gift” bestowed by the benevolent university. Yet, some (i.e. Northwestern) may peceive that “250k education” as you say as inadequate to the total sum that the players bring in. Guess in your eyes they should just be thankful the great ole umiversity looked down in their underprivileged neighborhood and out of the sheer kindness of its heart, plucked them from a sure life of misery and allowed them to run up and down the field, that you may cheer them on. “Just shut up and dribble” or run that pigskin until you drop dead hunh (i.e. Maryland). But, while you here, don’t say anything to Ms. Ann or disturb anything on the plantation. GTFOH with that outdated mentality. These players bring far more to the university than what they’re given (your so-called 250k education). By the way did you pay for your 250k education yourself or did your parents, if your parents paid it, did you pay them back? The players not only should be given a scholarship, they should have the ability to get paid for their services or likeness. Matt Leinart admitted on national tv just yesterday he came back for his senior and took just one class (ballroom dancing)....so much for student/athlete and that 250k education.

16. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018

I not missing anything. You’re putting these guys on a pedestal and just maybe that’s why they think they can act differently than others. Hence, disregard warnings.

The rest of you diatribe has exactly nothing to do with the individual. I couldn’t give two hoots what any university “makes” as you seem to forget they are a business.

ML needed to take a class to be eligible to play. Hardly a major point in this discussion.

Stop with this victim crap.

TheRealAirbns likes this.
  17. STRECKERmemo

Sep 1, 2018
    If the fact show Bubba disrespected another student on campus (with no physical altercation), and after he was advised to stay away from the location, he should be suspended 2-3 games and a process should be implemented with respect to restorative practices. Some posters sound like they want to Title IX this kid to a slow death.

oc trojan likes this.
  18. STRECKERmemo

Sep 1, 2018
    Victim crap, you obviously didn’t read my other posts regarding Bubba should be suspended if found by the facts in error. However, your BS that he was just “handed a 250k education” is profoundly ignorant to the business of big time college football. Bubba had every top school in the natiom lined up to grant him an athletic scholarship that he earned, no one gave him sh-t. So I suggest stfu and get ready to cheer for the Trojans in a couple of hours.

19. STRECKERmemo

Sep 1, 2018
    Different than others really? So guess you never engaged in an argument with a girlfriend (or boyfriend). Stop it with the bs like these 18-22 year old aren’t human. This holier than thou crap needs to stop. Bubba is no victim, he’s a kid from preliminary reports allegedly engaged in argument with a woman he possibly was involved with. Wow never heard that before on a colleg campus. You mean there’s gambling going on in Casablanca?

TrojanRB likes this.
  20. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018

Was that a part of the discussion?

Your issue with my state,ent was that you got somehow insulted that these young men were handed a scholarship.

Try sticking with the facts and less hyperbole.