Bubba Bolden

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by SCball14, Aug 30, 2018.

1. metrobank

metrobank Junior Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Since this happens almost every year, at point are the coaches going to sit every player down and go over the consequences of aggressive sexual acts on female students? There aren't that many guys on the team that this can't be done. I don't get it....

2. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Again....what proof do you have that either player is involved in a situation having to do with a female?

TheRealAirbns and STRECKERmemo like this.
  3. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Aug 31, 2018
    A little early to say that about Bubba until something with details of whatever incident took place. He could be a victim. We don't know.

STRECKERmemo likes this.
  4. PickSicx

PickSicx Junior Member

Aug 31, 2018
    You don't think that they do this?

You can tell a guy 50 times not to smoke weed, to use tremendous discernment around women, to go out of their way to exercise wisdom and good judgement . . . and as soon as he walks off the practice field, he's going to do what he's going to do.

It's very difficult to re-parent a kid whose folks didn't instill those morals and self-discipline. And even kids who had solid parents and a great upbringing still do bone-headed things.

Short of locking the players in a room for 4 years, you can't police them 24 - 7 and you can't instill all the wisdom and character that their parents left out.

CrownoftheValley and Troy70 like this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Aug 31, 2018
    OMG....which one of you has ANY proof that this situation has to do with a female? Stop with the gender politics unless you know something. And if you don't, then STFU.

6. PacTrojan

PacTrojan Junior Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  7. STRECKERmemo

STRECKERmemo Junior Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I’m sure OU’s Rodney Anderson’s folks instilled similar morals and self-discipline as well. Considering no details have been disseminated, some may be jumping the gun with the condenmnation of Bubba. Also, each year the players definitely need a thorough workshop on “beware of becoming the retirement plan for untruthful stringy heads” that know you will be immediately judged aa guilty in the court of public opinion.

J4SC75 likes this.
  8. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    It was reported on another site that it was a verbal altercation between Bolden and some USC women athletes in their residence. Not sure if he was involved in a relationship with one of them but he was asked to leave and refused initially. I understand the incedent was reported and he was told by the coaching staff to stay away from the women’s residence but went back anyway and made what was interpreted as a threat by at least one of the women.

Once this Title IX Office gets involved, it ain’t good

Bottom line, he was ok until he decided to blow off the coaches and go back to the Women’s team residence.

I need to stress, that from what is known, there was no physical violence involved in either of these incidents

But openly defying his head coach’s direct orders doesn’t bode well for him.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  9. The Lizard King

The Lizard King Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    This would explain why Helton looked very pissed off during Thursday's after practice presser.

10. 023lenlen

023lenlen Senior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    I don't doubt your reporting, but, if this happened early in the summer as also reported, how does it come to light right after he is named starter and his interview about playing in his home town with family present. I think that is why CCH is pissed and feels blindsided by USC administration. Not saying Bolden is right or wrong, but they don't seem to have the courtesy to keep CCH up-to-date.

11. J4SC75

J4SC75 Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    I would be shocked if this isn't a big area of emphasis by the coaches given how prevalent it is nationwide.

12. oldtrojan93

oldtrojan93 Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Exactly!

If this happened earlier, then Helton should have known sooner. To be honest, Bubba should have told Helton too. Not like he can (allegedly) get caught doing something and think the coaches won't find out about it.

Bolden better HOPE he can benefit from Trump's mooted changes to Title IX policy on these sorts of matters.

13. SoAmericanTrojan

SoAmericanTrojan Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    didnt you read ....went back pat......was address went it happen the went back part may happen last friday.....

14. usc88

usc88 Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    This was a stupid mistake on Boldens part.
    Lets hope that he gets away with a 3 game suspension or the like.
    There was no physical incident that occurred.
    A lot will depend on if anyone would press charges.
    And why did they wait so long to report it?

USC15 likes this.
  15. USC15

USC15 Points Member

Sep 1, 2018
    If Blem’s reporting is right, I would hope this means he gets a suspension for call it half the year and then is in Helton’s dog house going forward.

If there’s no violence involved this should be a punishable & teachable moment for the kid. His life shouldn’t be turned upside down.

16. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    It’s not my reporting. I’m just paraphrasing what I read.

I’m not speculating on what was going through Helton’s mind or the timeline

17. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    If Bolden did make a scene outside a women’s dorm then the optics are just horrible in light of the current political waves on campus and elsewhere. Glad no violence or overt criminal act took place. Hopefully cooler heads can prevail and this can be addressed based on facts and fairness instead of conjecture, optics, political correctness and bias.

CrownoftheValley and DJ4SC like this.
  18. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    This is when you just have to control, youself. I mean it's not worth it.

These college female's are a dime a dozen.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  19. The Lizard King

The Lizard King Junior Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Which female's area are you talking about?