Bet domers try to run up the score

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Troy70, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Bet domers try to run up the score
    Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Seems like to get into the 4 team playoffs a contender has to play hard 4 Qs, no let up . What is your take?

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Oct 4, 2019
    They probably will. But I am hoping we run up the score on them (fat chance of that with gentleman Clay in charge). I really miss the days of PC beating them by 30+ points (5 of his 8 wins against ND).

3. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Oct 4, 2019
    They might be on the playoff bubble so they'll have to sway voters with blowout wins. I wouldn't be surprised if they're still going at it in the 4th quarter up by 4 TDs.

SCBIGTIME and jjg4sc like this.
  4. tenku

tenku Junior Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Helton obviously cares too much about hurt feelings.

Merlin4SC likes this.
  5. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Oct 4, 2019
    If ND has the ability to run it up, I don’t fault them.....play ball! Everybody works hard and should have the chance to go hard on Saturdays.

What kind of rivalry takes it easy on their opponent?

I’d do the same. Enough with the pussification of America.

6. tenku

tenku Junior Member

Oct 4, 2019
    If ND wins the game, I hope they win by a ton so that Helton can be gone. Helton is the first person I’ve ever wanted fired from a team that I root for cause he’s that terrible.

trojanworld, Merlin4SC and FTFO/USC like this.
  7. FTFO/USC

FTFO/USC Junior Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Remember when Kelly beat Helton and Clueless told Kelly to "go win it all" . nightmare fuel

8. BESCFAN

BESCFAN Junior Member

Oct 5, 2019
    At this point I am in favor of anything that secures the firing of Clueless Clay. This team is going absolutely NOWHERE with Helton in charge. Time to rip the band-aid off. If ND runs it up, so be it. I wouldn’t blame them.

OC2SC, SC74, qqqqqqqman and 1 other person like this.
  9. 1988Trojan

1988Trojan Junior Member

Oct 5, 2019
    It will be closer than you think ... ND will win because Gomer can’t beat anyone on the road but it will not be a repeat of 2017 disgrace more of a 27- 13 type thing ... maybe ND adds their usual Granny Holtz cheapie at the end

trojanworld likes this.
  10. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Remember Lane's USC 50-0 against UCLA? Nothing wrong with running up the score :)

Kaptain Karl, OC2SC and SCBIGTIME like this.
  11. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Sorry to rain on your parade of the mentally impaired, but Helton will not be fired even if we lose to Notre Dame by any margin.

12. contracostatrojan

contracostatrojan Junior Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Because I am a proud USC alumnus and Trojan fan through and through I want US to run up the score on them. Not a prediction at all, it's simply what I want to see every year.

SC ForLife, LoyalTrojan and SCBIGTIME like this.
  13. Hueyguns

Hueyguns Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Running up the score as a tactic makes no sense to me. By running up the score I mean keeping your starters in after the outcome is decided; you’re exposing your starters to injuries that could cost you downstream games that require their talents.
    Not going to be an issue in this game in my opinion.

14. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Man, I never thought I'd see the day that "diehard" fans would actually want their team to lose and get blown out. I don't care who the coach is...I will NEVER EVER wish that my team got blown out. I get the anger, but shouldn't we really be wanting Helton to win??? Isn't that what everyone is bitching about??? That he hasn't always won??? Just my personal opinion but I will never want or root for ND, fUCLA or any other team against the Trojans. Period. Coach be damned.

15. RB4SC

RB4SC Points Member

Oct 7, 2019
    INTERESTING...not looking for a fight, but, this STATEMENT shows how little most know about the coaching Fraternity. Yep, we want to BEAT every opponent each week and spend countless hours preparing our players for that opportunity. But, when it's all said and done, MOST coaches are professional and respectful enough to encourage their peers to BEAT their next opponent or, in this case, "go win it all". There are really very few "what's your deal" moments in the profession (even at the high school level), primarily because football coaches INVEST so much of their time and sacrifice personal experiences for the betterment of their programs.

Fight On, FOREVER, Fight On!
    RB4SC

Gilesmiles and Merlin4SC like this.
  16. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Likewise, and as much as we “fans” want USC to get blown out for HCCH to walk, means we get set back another 3-5 years with whomever the new coach is; that includes Urban Meyer, who I will go on record and say I do not want here.

We are trying to repair the USC name and image.
    Why hire someone who has had issues at the last two programs (Florida & Ohio State) he rose to elite national prominence?
    Oh, because he won a lot of games, landed elite HS prospects, turned them into All-Americans and NFL Draft picks right?

17. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Could we say the same for when a democratic/Republican president gets elected and some people are asking for him/her to be impeached? Shouldn’t the citizens support the president regardless of the president’s policies?

BESCFAN likes this.
  18. TrojanRider4Life

TrojanRider4Life Junior Member

Oct 7, 2019
    How do you run up the score from behind? We are gonna win !✌

19. zitorocks

zitorocks Junior Member

Oct 7, 2019
    norcal,

First, I don't know that I would ever put the operations of our government and its policies/actions on the same level as a football game. One has a significant impact on our lives one way or another. The other has absolutely no impact on our lives except for entertainment, bragging rights, etc.

Second, I think that all Americans should want their President (regardless of party affiliation) to succeed at making our country more prosperous, safer, smarter, respectful of other human beings, and set up for the success of current and future generations. Doesn't that benefit us all? I would hope that every President, again regardless of party affiliation, should have the exact same mission. Where they differ is in their opinions on how to get there. A football coach's mission is to win games while also mentoring each young man to be as good as they can be on and off the field. Like our politicians, coaches differ on how they accomplish their mission. Coaches have various types of offense and/or defense they play in order to win the game.