Best relay combo

Discussion in 'Other USC Sports' started by fansincearnett, May 21, 2018.

1. Best relay combo
    fansincearnett

fansincearnett Junior Member

May 21, 2018
    Question for those in the know. What would be the best team of runners SC could put together for the men's 4X100 relay? I could come up with several combo's, but the best team IMO, if healthy, would be Shinnick, Norman, Barnum, Brock. Think they could run in the low 38's with good passes.

The 1600 relay team is a no brainer--Shinnick, Benjamin, Morgan, Norman. They could break the 3 minute mark.

901 Club and uscvball like this.

2. mfortroy

mfortroy Junior Member

May 21, 2018
    I think that your statement for the best team of runners for 4 x 100 'if healthy' would be Shinnick, Norman, Barnum and Brock is accurate. However, I notice that in the participant lists submitted by SC for the upcoming West Region Meet, that Barnum isn't listed for either the 100 or 200. This would indicate that he still has hamstring issues, which is really unfortunate. Also, I noticed that Norman is only listed in the 400 along with Morgan and that Shinnick is only listed in the 200. This being the case, I think that we'll have a 4 x 100 squad of Brock, Benjamin, Shinnick and Norman. With good stick work, this team can run in the low 38's. We'll see!

3. fansincearnett

fansincearnett Junior Member

May 21, 2018
    I guess with Norman running both relays plus the open 400 and Barnum not available, the team of Brock, Benjamin, Shinnick and Norman would be the best option.

4. trackdude

trackdude Junior Member

May 21, 2018
    Agreed. They've already run 3:00 indoors. Not having Sloan & Cunningham is a real pisser. Staying healthy is everything.

uscernie and uscvball like this.