ASU...

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Aztrojan, Dec 20, 2018.

1. ASU...
    Aztrojan

Aztrojan Junior Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Married to a former ASU water polo player and being from and living in AZ ASU is a team I root for.....unless playing our Trojans of course.

That being said, the are quietly building something to be afraid of. ASU just beat out Alabama for a QB (which never happens) This is what you get when you have good COACHING mixed with ACCOUNTABILITY and DEVELOPEMENT !! The roster Herm took over was decent at best, nothing great but look how they play and perform. Accountability, coaching, and the best player plays no matter who or what they are...... equals results.

As we have said in recent years we have won many games by having superior talent with mediocre coaching. No one develops physically in the weight room or on the field. Until we stop the let’s eat kale and practice in speedos mentality this team is going to continue to be what they have been. I’m excited for the hire of KK for the fact that we finally have an “assistant” who knows what he is doing when it comes to the side of the ball he’s running.

Anyways, there are 100 things we can discuss as we always do. I just wanted to say I’m a lil worried that ASU is laying the foundation to lay some wood for at least the next few years.....

Fight on!!!

PS
    Out of all the usc games my wife’s ASU team beat USC only once in 07-08 season hahaha ✌

travyav likes this.

2. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Dec 20, 2018
    I have nothing against ASU. Herman Edwards is a good man and deserves accolades for making his team competitive. Edwards has instilled a never quit mentality and a physicality in his team that will pay dividends sooner rather than later.

3. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Oh, come on guys...really? Todd Graham was going to do the same, along with Dirk Koetter, Dennis Erickson, blah, blah, blah. Let's give it time before Herm is anointed the next Frank Kush, OK? He had a nice season but "something to be afraid of?" Oregon fits that descriptive, maybe...

4. Globe

Globe Junior Member

Dec 20, 2018
    I'm with heyrev. They went 7-6 in the weak division of a terrible conference with a 3-year senior starter at QB.

It's a little early to put Herm on the Saban/Urban coaching tier.

Jcanderson69 and Pudly76 like this.
  5. 101Coast

101Coast Points Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Don't be afraid of Herm. Herm at Oregon, I must admit, that'll get me checking my back in the woods. But, Herm in the desert? No. They have nothing to offer there.

The mouth and 7-6 can only get you so far, until the kids start looking at Oregon again for the bling. One thing Herm has built himself into, and is a positive for him, is that he's looked upon as a father figure and mentor to black folks. That'll get you some recruits who normally won't consider going there.

Pudly76 likes this.
  6. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Well, their HC beat us . Next season Lynn will hope he was right. Well, the BOT may notice Losses if they put down their wine glasses in Pat’s Tower, lol.

7. Pudly76

Pudly76 Points Member

Dec 20, 2018
    When they (oregon & asu) can’t offer starting positions things will change again. Offers of playing time can only go so far.

8. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Herm Edwards is a good coach, and will put his teams in the best positions to win. It would be a mistake for USC to take the games we play them lightly.

9. fssca51

fssca51 Junior Member

Dec 20, 2018
    When ASU first joined the PAC 10, USC couldn't muster a win against them for about 6 years. USC is once again sliding into mediocrity and ASU seems to be on the rise. Look for more failure against ASU until things turn around for USC. What will it take?? ,

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  10. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Oregon does not fit that description, are you drinking that funnycide koolaid? If they don't get a grad transfer QB, assuming Herbert leaves, they will be right back at the bottom of the north. ASU, historically, is the better program. Herm will have them competing for the south and they could be competing for the conference championship if Helton sticks around long enough.
    I love how you call out everyone for their opinions yet give no definitive ones of your own. Classic. And you do it in the most douchey way possible. Blah, blah, blah.....you're a tool. Get some new material.

11. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Dec 20, 2018
    They play to win the game.

Aztrojan and KiwiSCfan like this.
  12. Trojans_Oilers

Trojans_Oilers Points Member

Dec 20, 2018
    It's a cycle...once every 5 years or so, an Arizona school (either ASU or UA) puts up a decent season and everyone will say they're on their way up to challenge for conference supremacy. Then the next season they fall flat on their face and they'll be forgotten once again.

13. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Dec 20, 2018
    I remember when Todd Graham won PAC12 coach of the year in 2013 and a lot of folks thought he had ASU on the upswing.

14. Trojan Man 30

Trojan Man 30 Junior Member

Dec 21, 2018
    I don't think anyone is afraid of Herm but I sure have a lot of respect for him! He loves to teach on and off the field. His players will become better at playing the game and better men for having Herm teach it to them. I used to love to hear him talk to the players at the all star games.

biglouie, BlueBlood and VegasPlayer like this.
  15. 3rd Slide

3rd Slide Junior Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Not afraid of ASU, but I’d trade clay for Herm any day of the week.

Troy70, BlueBlood and VegasPlayer like this.
  16. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Dec 21, 2018
    I don't see us beating ASU on the road next year. Does that make me "negative?" Ok, then. Here's what Clay Helton can do then: BEAT them and do it on the road. Simple as that.

17. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Is he? He wasn't in the NFL. What makes you say that?

Jcanderson69 likes this.
  18. Jcanderson69

Jcanderson69 Junior Member

Dec 21, 2018
    ASU BARELY BEAT and should have lost to one of the lesser SC teams in recent memory. SC was playing with a 3rd team QB making his first college start ever...hell throwing first college passes ever.

Not going to worry about ASU

19. jpq21

jpq21 Junior Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Hey, don’t knock kale, that stuff is packed with nutrients!