Absolutely painful to watch

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by ICEnEC, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Absolutely painful to watch
    ICEnEC

ICEnEC Points Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Coach O asked about not getting the job here. He gets emotional, chokes up. It still hurts him, years later. He LOVED this program and our kids. He wanted to be the HC. Haden really screwed that one up.

2. BESCFAN

BESCFAN Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Orgeron would have killed it at SC. Haden must feel like a complete moron given the way things have played out.

Merlin4SC, RJC15, TroyBill and 4 others like this.
  3. Trojnfn4

Trojnfn4 Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Many Trojan fans can say that the NCAA really did a number on USC. But the fact of the matter is that Pat Haden has done, and continues to do, more to damage our great university than the NCAA had ever thought of doing. From not firing Lane Kiffin after the 7-6 2012 season, to posting some half-ass Youtube video supporting Kiffin, to firing Kiffin at LAX after the ASU debacle, to not giving Coach O the job when he clearly deserved it, to spending $1 million on the Korn-Ferry Coaching Search when he knew all along that he not going to hire Chris Peterson and was going to hire Sark, to getting a redux to make up for the Sark disaster, and end up giving Helton the full time job. I swear to God you couldn't make this crap up and have someone believe it. And on top of that, the Mayr Foundation Scandal, which relatives of his were paid handsomely for doing nothing.
    So I hope you're happy Pat. Sit there in San Marino with a fresh bottle of Glen Livet and be happy with yourself. You've succeeding in your life's mission to bring down USC in order to make Notre Dame look better, because we all know that you're a Domer at heart.

Trojan JST, PVtrojan, RJC15 and 13 others like this.
  4. Carnauber

Carnauber Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    I don’t think Haden cares a wit about what a failure he was as AD. He has likely convinced himself he made all the right calls - he strikes me as a smug, know-it-all prick. Also, he’s still busy pilfering millions and getting no show gigs for friends and family.

5. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Saw that. I was surprised to see how emotional he still is on that point. I don;t know if he would have been as successful here as he has been at LSU. Recall he was still top of the hot seat at LSU only 12 months ago.

Some of my fondest memories are of the student section spontaneously erupting into the Coach O chant during that one half season.

6. Trojnfn4

Trojnfn4 Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    He is a smug, know it all prick who thinks his shit doesn't stink. You can throw Swann in there as well. Hopefully, when the semester ends Bohn goes through the Athletic Department like Machiavelli and gets rid of everyone in there that has any connection to both of these jackasses.

7. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    So...very....true. After LSU was shutout by Bama last season, at home, he was roundly despised by the Tiger faithful. I read some comments actually wanting Les Miles back, lol.

Swann was clearly bad....Haden was a disgrace.

8. TrojanEddie

TrojanEddie Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    I saw it too and you can still see the sadness for having to tell the players he wasn’t going to be the head coach and upset he was at that arrogant fuck Pat Haden for passing him over for an average coach in Sark. Glad he’s doing well at LSU

9. BayAreaSCFan

BayAreaSCFan Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Link? Or where did you see this?

10. ATR32

ATR32 Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Just watched it. A travesty. Thought it then and it makes me even angrier now. EO appears to be a good man with the kind of fire and experience we need(ed).

BESCFAN, gubo&palanka and SoCalN8tiv like this.
  11. TrojanHorse

Nov 16, 2019
    It was on gameday this morning. you will probably be able to find a clip online soon if not already.

SoCalN8tiv likes this.
  12. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Short handed D beat #4 furd & SC fans stormed the field. It was magic that nite at Coli. Due to lack of numbers had to use walkons at ND. Coach O was very popular with Trojan Club.

Merlin4SC and gubo&palanka like this.
  13. Cardinalblood

Cardinalblood Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Ed O is one of my favorite people on this earth! I was able to talk with him several times during Petes time at SC when we were allowed to go to practice. A great guy. I wish him success and LSU and I will root for him. I never thought I would be a fan of LSU but I am now!

BESCFAN, gubo&palanka and SoCalN8tiv like this.
  14. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Just wait....IF we ever have the opportunity to play them again, you will experience hate on another level. And I mean the hate on their side directed at Trojans. Ed is the coach...he isn't LSU.

AnArchitect likes this.
  15. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

Even more perplexing is as of today Clay Helton IS NOT #1 on the hot seat. Go figure.

As for Ed losing to Bama and being on the hot seat argument because of that reason is the weakest argument going today. LSU had a drab and predictable offense, which Coach Orgeron recognized and corrected. Which is also the reason I correctly predicted a strong LSU victory this year and predict the same outcome next year. It's a weak argument because how many coaches have defeated Bama since Satan started his NC run? Not many, I can tell you that. Weak argument...just flat out weak because lots of coaches would be on the hot seat for annually losing to Bama. Sorry, but it's preposterously weak...unless ODS - Orgeron Derangement Syndrome - drives the argument. Okay, then that I completely grasp ; )

16. TrojanHorse

Nov 16, 2019
    He seems to have a lot of respect from the national media. It is only here that he is public enemy #1

Merlin4SC likes this.
  17. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Nov 16, 2019
    The interview definitely opens old wounds....woulda, coulda, shoulda.....life goes on. We’ll never really know.

There’s always the chance he would’ve averaged 8-4 or 9-3, losing some big games along the way....and languished in the sub-prime bowl games. In spite of his lovable characteristics, many would’ve been disappointed. No guarantees.

I’ll just root for Ed O for an NC....since there are no hopes here.

It worked out in the end for Ed, as he said, his wife said there are bigger plans. We still have hope this saga gets us Urban Meyer in the end....I don’t think we ever would have thought that.

Merlin4SC and gubo&palanka like this.
  18. beachbum

beachbum Active Member

Nov 16, 2019
    I agree with you. I was really bummed when he did not get the gob. Didn't they offer coach O a position as an assistant coach on the team? I seem to remember that.