4K National Championship Broadcast

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by CP619, Jan 14, 2020.

1. 4K National Championship Broadcast
    CP619

CP619 Junior Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Did anyone watch any of the 4K broadcasts?

I watched the Skycam 4K broadcast for maybe 1/4 of the game. I thought it was absolutely incredible and quite possibly the future for sports TV viewing.

I also found it nice not having CF and KH in my ear. Only the beautiful sounds of college football - the band, the crowd, the cheers, the boos.

You can really appreciate the speed of the game from the Skycam. It puts you in the best position to view each play. It becomes a little difficult on long plays down the field though.

The best part was no commercials. For every commercial they aired on ESPN, the 4K broadcast from the Skycam stayed on (since there aren't commercials in 4K). The camera would move over the sidelines of each team. You couldn't hear the huddles but you could sure read body language during the timeouts - and did I mention hearing both bands instead of commercials.

Call me a fan. Anyone else?

2. Touchdown for USC

Touchdown for USC Junior Member

Jan 14, 2020
    I watched the whole game with the Skycam. I had the radio broadcast on for the audio feed.
    It was amazing to view the game over the shoulder of Joe Burrows and Martin Lawrence. You could see the defensive alignment just as the QBs did. I noticed how sharp the center snaps were. I was fun to watch the receivers put the moves on the DBs to create space for the catch. When there was there were TV timeouts the rain crew stayed will the game and continued their commentary. Clemson defense was gassed in the 2nd quarter and throat the second half. What a wonderful experience to watch the game thru the Skycam!

RobertSmithLA and CP619 like this.
  3. TroyCAM

TroyCAM Junior Member

Jan 15, 2020
    Ah, I've enjoyed watching the 4K ESPN skycam broadcasts for sometime now. I agree, it's such a great way to watch a game on a big screen TV. Better than watching the game in person. Only downsides are no replays and PATs (the skycam is usually 'dialed in' on the scoring team's sideline activity during an extra point kick). I also really enjoy the dynamic audio feed from the skycam as it cables around the stadium.

CP619 likes this.
  4. TXTrojan_itul1

TXTrojan_itul1 Junior Member

Jan 15, 2020
    Yea, I remember one time I stared over the shoulder of Martin Lawrence too, down off Hollywood Blvd. He seemed a bit shorter than I was expecting, but he was funny as hell HA! Just picking, pay me no mind.

AMLTrojan likes this.
  5. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jan 15, 2020
    I have a 4K tv, but never watch any of the 4K video streams. How/where did you find the game on 4K?

6. The Lizard King

The Lizard King Junior Member

Jan 15, 2020
    Certain providers will offer certain channels in 4K.

7. CP619

CP619 Junior Member

Jan 15, 2020
    I have DirecTV and they have 3 channels, 104, 105 and 106. You have to get the 4k genie box for each 4k TV in the house otherwise those channels don't come through. The 4k programming is limited but it's well worth it for big sporting events. I think every MNF game is 4K.