Some recruits spotted at the Coliseum for USC-Stanford

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by JohnnyCurren, Sep 10, 2017.

1. GarryP

GarryP Publisher

WeAreSC Staff
    Sep 13, 2017 - 6:18 PM
    Thomas Graham is the tough miss for me from last year but I counter that with the fact that we ended up with Greg Johnson, who seemed headed elsewhere for much of the process.

2. bestlakersfan

bestlakersfan Junior Member

Sep 13, 2017 - 6:44 PM
    Bradford, like CP, are not much for recruiting. Nansen took over IPM's recruiting and Tee headed Bubba's. If you remember, Graham decommitted because he didn't hear from us, Lenoir was essentially begging to be talked to/green-lighted so he could commit, Bubba decommitted because he hadn't heard from the staff and we got on Darnay too late and were SOLELY in it because of Tee and Keary Colbert.

Bradford needs to get his sh*t together on the recruiting trail. It doesn't help that CP doesn't recruit well. Maybe we can use Deland to help as well, because that guy is a STUD, both on the trail and as a coach.

3. bestlakersfan

bestlakersfan Junior Member

Sep 13, 2017 - 6:45 PM
    True, but I again think that was because we weren't in contact with him. I'd rather have Graham and Johnson, which would've been VERY achievable, over Johnson and Godfrey. Just seeme like we didn't try.

OC2SC likes this.
  4. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Sep 13, 2017 - 7:36 PM
    This perceived lack of effort and lack of desire to recruit is a huge problem. Recruiting is one of, if not the most, important part of a coaches job in CFB

5. billtrojan

billtrojan Junior Member

Sep 13, 2017 - 7:56 PM
    That's interesting. If all true, sounds like a problem. I'm sure Helton is well aware of these issues with Bradford, especially if he had to put Nansen on IPM and Tee on Bubba. Bradford I believe was a Helton hire, so you would think either he improves soon or Clay will have to find a replacement. From a recruiting standpoint, it sounds like Bradford is under performing, but from a coaching standpoint, it seems like his DBs are doing fairly well. Adoree was solid, Biggie has improved, Jack Jones is improving (those 3 were 5 star athletes so it's expected), Ajene has turned it around, Tell and Hawkins are decent.

Deland was a great hire.

6. TrojanFireHorse12

TrojanFireHorse12 Junior Member

Sep 13, 2017 - 8:46 PM
    It's more like Bradford was a hire by Clancy in truth. That's his guy not Clay's.

7. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Sep 13, 2017 - 8:59 PM
    Clay won't stand for poor recruiting so Bradford better step up.

8. HelixTrojan

HelixTrojan Junior Member

Sep 13, 2017 - 11:23 PM
    Bradford is doing well.

The dude can coach, and there has been marked improvement by individual players at DB.

I wouldn't worry about the prospects at the position ...they will come. Bradford is a likable guy who can relate to prospects and their parents.

9. gepetohong

gepetohong Junior Member

Sep 14, 2017 - 10:43 AM
    And no CBs for 2018 on that list... this is worrisome...

10. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Sep 14, 2017 - 2:46 PM
    Shoot I like what I saw and I'm not a recruit. Watching the Trojans manhandle the Trees on both sides of the ball was a thing of beauty. It was Shakespeare like poetry fellas.