By Greg Katz – WeAreSC.com
NOV. 5: 4 P.M. PT
Location: Los Angeles
Stadium: Memorial Coliseum
Surface: Natural Grass
Seating Chart: www.lacoliseum.com
Projected Los Angeles Weather Forecast: Sunny with a high of 79, 44 percent humidity, and a low of 56 degrees.
DIRECTIONS TO THE COLISEUM
From the West
1.Take the 10 Freeway east
- Exit Hoover St. and turn right
3. Turn left on Jefferson St.
4. Turn right on Figueroa St.
5. Continue past campus and follow directional signs to Coliseum and parking.
From the North
1.Take the 110 Freeway south
2. Exit Exposition Blvd., turn left on Flower St.
3. Follow the directional signs to Coliseum and parking.
From the South
1.Take the 110 Freeway north
2.Exit Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
3. Turn left on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., and follow directional signs to Coliseum parking lots.
From the East
1.Take the 10 Freeway west
2.Exit Los Angeles St.
3.Turn left on Broadway St. or Hill St.
4.Follow directional signs to Coliseum and parking.
Skip the traffic and Go Metro on game day. Expo Line trains run every six minutes before and after games. Metro’s Silver Line also provides service to the 37th St/USC Station, just a short walk from the stadium.
Save time by getting a Metro Day Pass on a reusable TAP card before game day. They’re available at hundreds of sales outlets. And if you already have a TAP card, load it with a pass online prior to the game.
Tommy Trojan Game Day and Homecoming Tips:
USC Campus: Saturday is Homecoming and the campus will be alive from morning to the late afternoon. Game time is 4 p.m., which is perfect given the sometimes crazy kickoff times. Aside for the traditional homecoming activities, all fans are invited to the new area reserved for the Trojan Family Game Day Experience. Located in Alumni Park (in front of Doheny Library, see map for details) families are welcome to enjoy the outdoor screens showing the live game, and relax in comfort with tables, chairs, and a wide array of food and beverages (non-alcoholic soft drinks, wine, and beer) available for purchase.
Fans of all ages are invited to enjoy a wide range of free game and craft activities, including:
- The Extra Point Kick: Kick for an extra point through the uprights
- Quarterback Challenge: Toss the game-winning pass to the Trojans’ wide receiver
- Long Snap: Snap the ball into the hands of a USC punter
- Training Camp: Run, jump, and dodge obstacles just like in USC Training Camp
- Traveler Tails: Make your own tail to wear just like Traveler
- Football Penalty Flag: Make your own penalty flag to toss
- Cardinal and Gold Fun Loop: Show off your USC spirit with a bracelet that you craft yourself
- Face Painting: Show off your Trojan pride with Game Day colors
The Trojan Family Game Day Experience opens 4 hours before kickoff and closes 30 minutes before kickoff.
Homecoming Sponsors Activities: There will a fine array of Homecoming booths presented by various USC sponsors. Among those in attendance include:
Functional 45 Training: The world’s largest growing fitness training network. Swing by our rig to test your endurance, race your friends, and learn from our fitness experts!
Liberty Mutual Insurance: Liberty Mutual Insurance will be there cheering on the Trojans with a free photo booth. Stop by their tent to join in the fun!
USC Credit Union: Enter to win our Ultimate Game Day Experience, plus test your quarterback skills at our popular Football toss game. Lots of prizes and fun!
Enterprise: Bring your putting skills to the Enterprise and National booth and win some fabulous prizes!
NewBridge Capital Mortgage (NBCM): The USC Alumni mortgage partner, invites you to play Trojanopoly, a high stakes real estate game with fun, prizes and an iPad giveaway!
Princess Cruises: The Official Cruise Line Partner of the USC Alumni Association. Visit their booth for fun games, giveaways and enter for a chance to win a free cruise!
Sunpower: Come test your beanbag skills, meet USC All-American and NFL punter Tom Malone, and learn how you can get $500 by switching to solar!
USC Athletics: Located next to Tommy Trojan, meet USC student athletes. Get autographs, free giveaways, learn about community initiatives, ticket sales packages, and donation opportunities.
TROJAN MARCHING BAND
Get into the Trojans Homecoming Game Day spirit by watching the Trojan Marching Band at one of their pre-game performances through-out campus, and then follow along as they march to the LA Coliseum. For more information, visit www.usc.edu/dept/band/Gameday routine.html
COLISEUM BAG POLICY – IMPORTANT
The Coliseum prohibits bags, backpacks and other containers from entering the venue, with the following exceptions:
- One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” and 12”, or;
- A one-gallon clear plastic storage bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, guests may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, oversized seat cushions with pockets or metal structures, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size. These measures are designed to promote public safety while encouraging guests to limit the items they bring into the venue to create a more efficient screening and entry process. We
ask that all items are visible when entering the venue. The fewer items that are concealed, the quicker the process becomes. All approved bags are subject to inspection upon entry. For more information on the Coliseum Bag Policy, please visit www.lacoliseum.com/beclear
Tailgate/Fan Fest: Besides the Homecoming activities on campus, there’s the Coliseum Trojans Fan Fest is located on Christmas Tree Lane just east of the Coliseum, with everything a Trojans fan could want – food trucks, music, games, merchandise, free giveaways, vehicle displays, and more. And make sure to stop by the Ralphs Ultimate Tailgate inside the fan fest to see how to qualify for free food and drinks, dining, and pub seating, plus TVs of other college football games to enjoy. Trojan Fan Fest opens four hours prior to kickoff at every home game.
Trojans Walk: The 2016 Trojans should arrive on Figueroa Blvd. between 1:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. for the traditional walk from their team busses to the Coliseum’s peristyle end and down into the stadium.
Game Day Sports Bar/Restaurant
El Cholo Café, 1121 So. Western, LA, Ca. 323-734-2773